Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Nov 2016 15:41 - 25 Nov 2016 16:11 #227497 by ddk
Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day! was created by ddk
Fun...to early...short....Great Apple Cup!...more info to folllow...Yee Haa.

Sorry for those that have looked already...but here is the wordy part of the report - Lordy Lordy….I’m back….Sorry….Opening Day! Yee Haa!  Way to early morning!  Huh? Me?... Got the first bucket after all the employees uploaded…Lots of talk, lots of waiting, lots of “aaannnntttiissaaappppaaatttttiooooonnnnnnnn! Fun times.  Then the big up load happened….happy bucket…happy first run down the middle of the bowl (though it was kinda heavy something….but the Coombas were the ticket and oh so happy). Short day…old muscles…tired brain…big fun early (and all my few runs), untracked heavy – Middle bowl, Grub Stake Trees, middle slots,  Ann’s run!!!!!!...always found another untracked line through that area!...Aaaaahhhh!  So only and hour plus of skiing (easier than driving to Whistler for the day). Crowds kept showin up, Apple Cup calling…. Paid for the Pass today on the first run (based on Deno’s opinion)…When I needed to start runing the singles line and the winds seemed to be picking up and I had pretty much cut up my fav lines…and my old quads started complaining…left…Got a lot of days to come.  Lots of rocks, lots of brush, lot of nasty grooming (stayed off that stuff), lots of “sad” employees (after they saw me again for another year), lots of happy being on the slopes again!

Other – Hard part about leaving earl was that REX would start spinning…would have been nice to wait for it….oh well, more days to come.  When I was riding down the bucket the serpentine line to up load the bucket at the base was massive!  Never had the pleasure of seeing that.

Other other – Got front row of the pay lot this morning…lucky didn’t get the boot…but I was there so early….hhhhmmm….rest of Pay lot was pretty typically empty, B half full, C full….cars still driving up when I left ????

Other other other -  Special folks don’t read this….lot of new at Xtal…no lockers (except new expensive looking ones in the ski rental area.. no benches in changing areas….not as much seating in the main food areas at the base (fancy new bar type tables and chairs)….new boot shop…expanded ski rental area….big HUMONGOUS umbrella on the outside deck….Fun Day.  Fun to get the season going. Not the best first day of skiing…But the Husky’s did it big today…what more could you ask for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2016 16:46 #227498 by BB
Replied by BB on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!
Big crowd waited for the backside trail to Lucky Shot to open while we enjoyed 3 more runs in GV even with the big, but reasonably quick lift line. The end of the LS road and immediately at the end of the road is very rocky. Otherwise a decent run. Some ventured onto the lower front side but very sketchy coverage. Big winds had an impact.
Fresh pavement report:
CM Blvd has new bottom to top pavement. It was about time. Poles along the guard rails are anticipating a big snow year.
AND the big surprise, the Wapiti Woolies parking lot is now paved.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
25 Nov 2016 21:18 #227499 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

Big crowd waited for the backside trail to Lucky Shot to open while we enjoyed 3 more runs in GV even with the big, but reasonably quick lift line. The end of the LS road and immediately at the end of the road is very rocky. Otherwise a decent run. Some ventured onto the lower front side but very sketchy coverage. Big winds had an impact.
Fresh pavement report:
CM Blvd has new bottom to top pavement. It was about time. Poles along the guard rails are anticipating a big snow year.
AND the big surprise, the Wapiti Woolies parking lot is now paved.

Wapiti Woolies parking lot was paved--and striped--this summer so now more cars can fit into that space!

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
27 Nov 2016 13:37 #227506 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!
ddk you have started this season on such an unbelievable high note, I don't know how can can possibly keep this up. I will read everyday to find out...Bravo!!!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Nov 2016 15:56 #227508 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

ddk you have started this season on such an unbelievable high note, I don't know how can can possibly keep this up. I will read everyday to find out...Bravo!!!

And where are you?

• androolus
  • [androolus]
More
28 Nov 2016 14:38 #227525 by androolus
Replied by androolus on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

Wapiti Woolies parking lot was paved--and striped--this summer so now more cars can fit into that space!

But they no longer have a port-a-potty :(

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Nov 2016 16:16 #227527 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25/16 Opening Day!

But they no longer have a port-a-potty :(

But if your sociable (or obnoxious like me)...you can go inside and drop a tip in the bucket and use the inside warm potty.....plus get a latte or ice cream or who knows what....its a nice social place to visit.