Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/10 Spring Happy

Crystal - 04/10 Spring Happy

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Apr 2016 16:43 #226807 by ddk
Crystal - 04/10 Spring Happy was created by ddk
Ahhh, another day in the (almost) never ending perfection of primo spring skiing! Colder over night, made for cooler start, typical groomers were fast and smooth and nice in the early morning sun…but a light SE breeze slowed the soft happy time on some slopes…Not BP’s way early, warm, perfect corn by 9:30, primo bumps (that got bigger and bigger down low)…aaaaahhhh life in heaven in a pretty awesome run of spring skiing. As noted the melt was slow, PB took a long time, good fairly early skier left side, probably not good skier right side (my preferred line) till around the 2 o’clock hour. (funny watching those that know where to be and those that don’t while riding REX). Did a number of PB’s mid day with lots of BP’s fun. Spent the early afternoon on REX doing Valley bowl (primo) to MIFB…till BINX gave me a clue about M-World…another bonus smooth soft untracked and in parts skied out happy. Thanks Mr BINX! No crowds, no folks on the slopes, no lift lines, no waiting for anything or anybody – great day. Crowd today was kinda like a light weekday Friday. Bumped into Quick Foot once and watched him ski some very nice turns in the Valley to Sunnyside…couldn’t manage to hook up at the right time for a run (or a chair ride at least). Fun day as usual, only 7 days left…and tomorrow will hopefully be another sunny day in heaven.

Other – Soup at CB lodge was the current never ending Triple C…probably good, but three day old? (ha.ha). Parking was typical busy weekday crowded…lots of empty space in the A lot with C half full and B having a number of widely space rows. Great day, not much sticky snow noticed…this string of weather has made some nice corn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
10 Apr 2016 17:48 #226808 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 04/10 Spring Happy
What DDK missed - Old SunnySide left skied great. Fun top to bottom if one just stayed on the left side all the way, jumping over to the left gully below Memorial at the bottom. Grubstake was nice, Snort Elk was worth a couple, and PB skiers far left nice smaller fun bumps. It is so good, why is nobody there?

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Apr 2016 21:55 #226810 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: Crystal - 04/10 Spring Happy
My son and I enjoyed another sunny Sunday at Crystal today. What a beautiful day. We kind of cycled all over, but our favorites where Grubstake and old-school Sunnyside. Pulled out my Sunnyside Sliders jacket today and tried to uphold the tradition.