Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 28, 2016 Summit Central

March 28, 2016 Summit Central

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2016 17:39 #226700 by Zap
March 28, 2016 Summit Central was created by Zap
Jill and I could only spend an hour, but with 8” overnight it was worth it. We skied off the Silver Fir lift because the trees provided good visibility with the fog cover up high. They did a good grooming job and left plenty of untracked areas. I brought my fat skis and they were great. The snowpack was powder, but not the light face-shot type. When we were leaving the rest of the early group was also heading out. Powder of any type at the end of March is a bonus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 19:48 #226692 by Griff
Replied by Griff on topic Re: March 28, 2016 Summit Central
Ol' Ski Acres was a blast today. I was hoping for slightly drier/colder snow, but soft unconsolidated snow was just as good and surprisingly smooth. Everyone was making first tracks in silly areas including the old Bonanza face (why did they change that name) and the edges of the terrain park.

My fav was my 3 trips down skiers left of Parachute. It looked lumpy but skied smooth. After 3 laps it was toast. LOL.

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Mar 2016 11:58 #226701 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: March 28, 2016 Summit Central
Zap, was that you grumbling in line for Silver Fir about us youths who showed-up early for first chair? In retrospect, it wasn't all that worth it - even with as thick as the new snow was, I still found the crust underneath and it wasn't exactly "blower" like it was the night before. I blame the dense fog, but after examining the telemetry more closely, it might have rained a little on top overnight, too. Stuff off Triple60 skied a lot better than the runs over at Silver Fir, well at least until the sun baked everything to mush at lunchtime. Powder park laps definitely didn't suck either :D

Coverage was 'interesting' in the trees

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Mar 2016 17:15 #226707 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: March 28, 2016 Summit Central
We were not "crumbling" because we were in the lodge.  I think it was the old guys. We got on the lift after the "crumble's" got on the lift. ;)

I like your tree photo.  We were talking about the coverage.  ;)