Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 14, 2016 Brighton,UT

March 14, 2016 Brighton,UT

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2016 08:57 #226533 by Zap
March 14, 2016 Brighton,UT was created by Zap
Jill and I have been skiing spring snow from OR, CA, UT, NM and CO over the past 2 ½ weeks. But today it was a powder day. We decided to take the shuttle bus up to Brighton due to the storm forecast for the next 2 days. We picked up our MAX Pass freebies; the process at the ticket windows is slooow – they still have a few kinks to work out with handling the MAX Pass. They received 5” which covered the firm base, but the wind was blowing and the exposed areas were interesting. The new powder in the treed areas and along the trail edges was enjoyable. I brought my fat skis, but Jill was really happy with her regulars skis (love those Line skis). By 11am the temperatures were dropping and the storm restarted. The 4 express lifts kept moving even with strong gusts at the top of the lifts. The tree lined trails provided fresh lines. It was the beginning of more new powder for tomorrow. The bus trip down to the base parking lot was easy, much better than driving the RT van in the mountains in a storm. The bus also stops at Solitude resort for clients. There was thunder and lighting, and Solitude closed all lifts. The 2016-2017 MAX Pass will also include Solitude in their family of ski areas. The ability to ski both areas, which are next to each other, will be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.