Crystal - 2/4

• CD
  • [CD]
More
04 Feb 2016 16:39 #225998 by CD
Crystal - 2/4 was created by CD
A great powder day today with relatively light crowds in spite of this morning's powder alert. And, it snowed all day keeping things re-freshed. Too many good runs to list, but all the usual suspects plus some.

We skied later since we were staying at the mountain tonight, so actually took a lunch break. The BLT at Cambell Basin lodge did not disappoint. Unfortunately, the chicken noodle soup did. A single ladle for 7 bucks and no roll. I'm sorry...no soup is worth that. I think #1 needed ddk with her to ensure a man sized bowl.

It's continuing to dump snow up here, so as long as the threatening snow level increase doesn't happen until later in the day, tomorrow should be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Feb 2016 16:44 #225999 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 2/4
Wow, what a change. Boot top to shin deep new snow everywhere, deeper on the leeward aspects. Was worried when the early arriving crowd nearly filled A lot by 8:15, but 3 minutes after Chinook started turning there was no line. And none all day on the mountain. Dumping snow and roving fog made trees the place to be most of the day. Expected the new snow to be on an icy, bumpy substrate and although you could find it, no real impact. One of the top couple days of the year for me. Bear Pits to Penny Dawgs it was all great. Warmed up in the afternoon and I ended somewhat wet from scooped up waves of pow. Didn't diminish the Big SE Grin.

Ken

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
04 Feb 2016 18:20 - 04 Feb 2016 18:24 #226001 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 2/4
Most pow days chair 6 is not worth the lift line.  Not the case today.  Very sparse early crowd made for multiple laps on the Campbell side in untracked or slight tracked goodness. The chairs did not even fill until after 11:00.  Found some good skiing in Northway in the afternoon.  What little we did on piste was very nice also. 
Any other north end [Shoreline, Northgate, Lake Forest Park, etc, midweek skiers? Carpool?
Snow level was about 1/2 way down the blvd. when we left at 3:00

More
04 Feb 2016 18:44 #226002 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 2/4
Sick pow top to bottom exterminator. Brand X was silky. Some good lines in A basin but poor vis . There were spontaneous sluffs on the crust up hi. Didn't get around to South because of the weather. Keep your fingers crossed- calling for rain.

More
04 Feb 2016 20:22 #226006 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 2/4

A great powder day .... so actually took a lunch break.  The BLT at Cambell Basin lodge did not disappoint.  Unfortunately, the chicken noodle soup did.  A single ladle for 7 bucks and no roll.  I'm sorry...no soup is worth that.  I think #1 needed ddk with her to ensure a man sized bowl.
..., tomorrow should be great.

Yee haa...about the masive ski for everyone today...sorry the wife only got only one ladle of day old soup...rolls were so last year...so sad no more....so very sad...Crystals gotta pay for those season pass discounts somehow....thanks for thinkin of me anyway in your report!.... I'm sure the BLT was less expensive and much more manly...the ones I have seen have been very impressive.  PS - dont ever eat the chick noodle at Whistler....even with the exchange rate discount...

More
04 Feb 2016 21:16 #226007 by MattT
Replied by MattT on topic Re: Crystal - 2/4
A+ stooopid fun day. The usual spots eventually got tracked but goodness was found bell to bell with multiple repeats required  - ch6, PB, BP, EH, exterminator, Avy, Silver, King - nothing was less than a great run. Lots were surprisingly full but having everything open early spread the crowd. Clown shoe pow sticks eliminated any feeling of crust where it occasionally existed.  A BIG day indeed  ;D