Crystal - 02/01

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Feb 2016 15:41 #225958 by ddk
Crystal - 02/01 was created by ddk
Repeat of yesterday – except didn’t have to stand in the CHex line for 45 minutes (10 seconds today to load an empty chair),  big blue sky with a very happy sun, groomers were fast and smooth and lasted all day (best being MiddleIceFerkBerg! And lower Ferks),  no lift lines today, but a lot of really happy fast carving skiers, GV bowl was a little firmer, but I had more and more fun all day in it.  I could have done PB more times than I did and BP’s was still mighty fine as was the last of the Doors.  Probably could have had a lot of fun in a lot of places today - #1 had a great morning skiing.  Repeat today was the foggy cloudyish thing started happening again around noonish – never got as bad as yesterday, but it slowed down the nice spring melt (good long term).  BIG fun day.

Other – Soup was the Triple C again ( I had planned on getting a bowl of the Garden Vegy…Dang! Oh well).  The A parking lot was reasonable and mostly full (seem to remember some cars in C lot….B? didn’t look.  Left kinda early per the Fireman and his crowd…wanted to ask were they were skiing –  I spaced…James? Mike? Report? Lots more reports to follow..... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 16:55 #225959 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Crystal - 02/01
Yes, a good day indeed. The bluebird skies all morning were an unexpected surprise. In addition to the above mentioned runs, the snow in the north facing bowls of Northway were good, but it was chilly back there, so didn't stay very long. Outer Ferks right next to the trees on the right was good as long as you went 180 degrees out of phase with the zipper line that was hard packed firm. In spite of yesterday's sun warming, the front side skied remarkably well with chair line skiing much better than expected. I did one run down door three and it was definitely a no-repeat. Chair line was better. Maybe should have headed for doors 4 - 6? Also had fun in PB and BP, just had to read the snow a little to stay off the no-edge hard pack.

Kinda felt like our own private resort today. Another fun day in the mountains.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
01 Feb 2016 17:46 #225961 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 02/01
WE found the off piste stuff skiable but a bit of work. some hard pack, some clumps, just skiing where the snow and moguls dictated instead of turning where you wanted to. It was all skiable, just not an A day. Maybe a B day. WE ended up doing several top to bottom Gondy runs cause the groomers were screaming fast with good pile skiing. Lower Bull especially.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Feb 2016 18:34 #225963 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 02/01
Not the best snow, but with careful sleuthing you could find the fine line between crunchy-needing-skier-grooming and whoa-too-much-skier-grooming. Firm was the call, fun was the result. Highlight (Northway to Powder Bowl) was Sunnyside to Lower Showtime in the sun. Lowlight was Door 3. Grooming was excellent for some high speed carving T2B runs and with the light participation, lasted most of the day.

Ken
+

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
01 Feb 2016 19:43 #225966 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 02/01
the best 3 day old snow of the year....cold flaky , fast ...and perfect vis meant the park was in top shape.Big runs were skied till late in the day .didn't go all the way to 410 today but its not hard to do.....no crowd....great groomers in the morning and perfect pow all afternoon......Crystal Mt ....17 inches has never been this big....this long...and this untouched....a great long weekend