Crystal - 11/29

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Nov 2015 14:52 #225093 by ddk
Crystal - 11/29 was created by ddk
Yee Haaa…Another never ending sunny, blue bird, see forever views day skiing rocks and ice and brush and sticks and roots and the best part about today? No lift line at all – most of the light weights aren’t repeating and the “excellent” conditions have even slowed down the snowboard and Pass folks. Gotta say things are getting a little more challenging every day, more rocks to dodge, more roots and brush….if you like slalom skiing life is good. North facing still holding the best smooth baby bumps carving conditions. Actually made it almost to West Face once today – nice snow, but I don’t like getting back into the GV lift line from that side…So spent the day pounding in my Hamster line – traverse out into the bowl (skiers right side) dodging and hopping around and over rocks and snowboarders (all fun), down through the middle of mid valley area (got my fav line dialed in there) and down through the nasty rooty rocky treed lower part back to the left side of the GV lift….oh so Hamster fun. Nice and pleasant today, warm enough, no winds, almost got hot…but didn’t seem to get hot enough to really soften the most sunny slopes – at least not for my no edge rock skis. Fun day, unless new arrives it will be tough for the big pow crowd (and eventually even me).

Other – missed again about noticing what the soup was, Pay lot was pretty empty, I was in front of the free part of the A lot (arrived around 8am). A friend and I stood in line by ourselves till around 8:45…we got a bucket to ourselves for the ride up. A lot was full with some overflow – mostly folks riding up for the views – and the views were really really BIG (got to get at least one B word in).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.