Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > 5/31/15 Whistler - Flute, North Ridge

5/31/15 Whistler - Flute, North Ridge

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 May 2015 23:48 #224618 by avajane
5/31/15 Whistler - Flute, North Ridge was created by avajane
Got up earlier and made the first chair on Peak with Silas. First chair was about 1030....After a binding malfunction slowed the Wildman, I went off by myself to Flute. Going down Burnt Stew Trail in 50 degree weather was a slow waste of elevation, but at least there was continuous snow. It was crowded today, one other guy, but I made the most of it. From far away it was clear that the north ridge had continuous snow for at least another few hours. My expectations were of slush and maybe sticky snow. After hanging out on my favorite and most climbed summit for an hour or so I pushed across the top and found the snow on the ridge to be free of suncups and very smooth and slippery corn. Like Mike Rolf always says, "it was my best run ever" - I was very excited to have hit it right before it went away. The good snow made the hot slog back to the Saddle worth it. Pictures on Facebook - I can't seem to get my computer to recognize my I-phone right now.

Tomorrow up to the Duffy.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Jun 2015 23:32 #224619 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: 5/31/15 Whistler - Flute, North Ridge
Drove up 99 past Joffrey and the pass and went up towards the Wendy Thompson hut. We saw snow but it was way too much bush wacking for us. Snow level might have been 6,000 feet in sheltered areas. We drove up towards D'Arcy and tried going up a nasty logging road near Gates Creek. Best part of the day was knowing that with Silas around I didn't have to outrun any Grizzlies - just Silas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.