04/10 - Crystal

• CD
  • [CD]
More
10 Apr 2014 17:11 #221817 by CD
04/10 - Crystal was created by CD
See yesterday's report. Substitute some of yesterday's top-to-bottom runs with more front side runs today. Add even more fun. And a pitcher on the sun deck to finish the day. Way fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2014 18:53 #221821 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: 04/10 - Crystal
And the wordy next part of the report - Day started big bright, pretty cool and very early – just came outside and CHex was already loading well before 9am…REX had an issue early so the first ride up was almost painfully like riding Chair 4 (ouch), but second time up the hamster treadmill kicked into gear and the rest of the day was pretty happy and fast. Conditions today were softer from the start than yesterday. MiddleIceFerkBerg was skialble – if not as totally smooth as yesterday, but you could carve a turn and it only got better every run there after. Big fun early going down a perfect Stump Farm with the Dino crowd (John included). Lots of overly fast runs (no speedo app to say how fast – but it felt fast for my old body). After massive fast high speed vert-o-runs for the first couple of hours, went over to get the soup of the day (can you guess what it was?). After a pleasant break, headed back to the hamster treadmill – and my oh my life was good. Gully (Gregs?) was going off just in time – had lots of solo repeats. Crowds started to show up, but by then ShowTime (REX chair line) and everything on the front side was pretty happy time for the Coombas! Dang I like those skis. Kept pounding the front like a hamster in a treadmill – sorry I was having fun! Great day, never got to warm, but if I had another hour it might have happened. Pretty perfect spring conditions – maybe the best of the year so far.

Other – As noted soup was good for me at CB lodge – Chick Noodle for ever! No lift lines all day, not many folks on the slopes, season is over, based on food service at CB lodge its more than over. A parking lot had a fair number of widely spaced rows of cars – no parking lot folks in the morning makes for funny wide rows. Great day, more great days in the future. All fun, all in the world is perfect.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Apr 2014 19:17 #221822 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: 04/10 - Crystal
Yes, a repeat of perfect spring skiing with a little improved consolidation, more corniness, and no stickies. A great day minus the brutality of the first hour it took to soften. Lowest required layers of clothing of the year. Love it.

Ken
+