Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Stevens area 11-14

Stevens area 11-14

• snoholic
  • [snoholic]
More
14 Mar 2010 19:12 #215691 by snoholic
Stevens area 11-14 was created by snoholic
Had some time available so I put in a few days around Stevens enjoying the bounties of March.
Thursday was the day, blower on crust (in a good way) by the end of the day it was knee deep+ and very slidey conservative side country was the place to be. Friday warmed up a bit, the silver lining was some some bonding and disappearance of the crust. Face shots were happening on some steeper north facing lines (sidecounty/slackcounty whatever you want to call it areas). Saturday cooled off a bit and the snow shaped up for some decent packed powder in the area and a few good lines o/b. Lots of people on hill, Liftie said it was a record attendance day. Did the Helly Hansen Big Mountain contest and won some sh-wag. Contest was fun I would do again. Would be a good contests for some more T.A.Y.ers (as long as your slower than me). Spent afternoon on couch re-couping from contest and avoiding crowds then headed back up for a night shift. Gotta luv night skiing at Stevens. Sunday (today) was a little sloppy. Best snow was found at upper reaches of Wenanchee bowl and packed pow off 7Th. Faaast groomers in the a.m. Kudos to whoever was driving the machines. Oh yah, it was empty today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.