Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie

Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
16 Dec 2007 19:19 #213344 by altasnob
Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie was created by altasnob
Went up today excited to get my Big S pass and some lift served turns only to find the power out. We waited around for two hours before we gave up (my friend had an injured foot so he didn't want to hike). Anyone have any idea of what the problem was or whether this is a regular occurrence? Talked to patrol at Alpy and they said it may open this Wednesday if the storm delivers as forecasted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2007 20:56 #213345 by Trent
Replied by Trent on topic Re: Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie
From what I understand a transformer blew. We got three short (it's Summit West) runs in and then hiked Thunderbird for some powder turns. Wednesday at Alpental should be fantastic.

More
17 Dec 2007 11:34 #213347 by gregm
Replied by gregm on topic Re: Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie
Fortunately I always throw my skins in the car after this happened to me last year. Skinning up that blue run by the high speed quad seemed incredibly silly but for some reason I enjoyed it. I need to get in shape anyway. Then over to T-bird for the above mentioned powder shots. The power came on around 2:00.

More
18 Dec 2007 15:55 #213364 by TomK
Replied by TomK on topic Re: Dec. 16, 2007, Summit at Snoqualmie
Since our two days straddled yours, I'll just tack these reports on.

12/15/07 - Opening day at Snoqualmie Summit West. We were there for the pre-opening lineup at the PC lift and got to ride 5th chair at 0845. Nice and soft to start, glad we could help pack it all down for the late-risers. A small number of holes to the dirt and plenty of brush sticking up still. Spent most of our runs putting down fresh tracks down the dodge ridge and even got a face-shot once carving across a drift. We called it a day pretty early, and left around 10:30 just as the crowd was starting to build up.
The lifts running were Pacific Crest, Dodge Ridge, and Little Thunder.
Not enough cover yet to open Wildside and not enough customers to run Julies. TomK & Kerry.

12/17/07 - Monday at West. We got up there early and scored first chair on the Pacific Crest lift. Whole hill was covered in brand new 4-5 inches overnight atop almost a foot of soft and fluffy snow that had fallen in the last 24 hours. First tracks and shin to knee deep all over the place for the first 4 runs makes for a couple of happy skiers. Found good firsties with drifts hitting the knee in the trees above Dodge Ridge as well as all over the DR slope. Heard the Alpy patrol setting off avy bombs 5-6 times. TomK & Kerry.