Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > December 14, Alpental

December 14, Alpental

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
15 Dec 2006 03:03 #212599 by alpentalcorey
December 14, Alpental was created by alpentalcorey
Just a fantastic day of skiing at the Alp on Thursday. I'm practically having involuntary convulsions thinking about how good it was. Or perhaps the convulsions are voluntary? Anyways, just great skiing, pow turns right down the main runs etc etc

Have fun, and stay safe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2006 09:28 #212600 by hankj
Replied by hankj on topic Re: December 14, Alpental
Rode the night session at Summit Central and it was great -- lots of snow, no people other than the ski area's day shift kids who hung around to ride. The snow was pretty heavy, but there was not a lot of wind -- if I didn't know there was supposed to be a wind storm I wouldn't have noticed much if any wind at all. It got very wind on the drive back when we neared Issaquah. Because there was no one around the whole evening had the feeling of getting away w/ something.

Visibility was good, when it "snowed" it was tiny tiny little ice pellets, not really graupel but riding felt a little "sandy." It rained lightly for about 10 minutes at around 8pm.

Basically it has snowed a foot or foot and a half up there at least, with minimal skier compaction because of the light crowds. A few more inches of lower density snow will fill it in nicely.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
15 Dec 2006 13:39 #212601 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: December 14, Alpental
Yeah, Corey!

Phantom was really good yesterday, too.