Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin

March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin

• Pete A
  • [Bud]
More
10 Mar 2006 01:21 #212399 by Pete A
March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin was created by Pete A
It must've been ridiculous up there earlier in the day...but for us 9-5'ers night skiing will have to do.<br><br>Traffic was amazingly light and it only took at hour to get from Mercer Is. to Alpy.<br><br>Off and on snowshowers throughout the night, cut-up but soft conditions everywhere, and bottomless if you managed to find an unskied patch on the fringes. One of the best nights of skiin' I've had this season. <br><br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Mar 2006 02:11 #212400 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin
All right, Pete! I headed up to Ski Acres (summit central) last night and it was great there too. Mostly I just yo-yoed the Triple-60 chair. Soft powdery bumps. Nice and cold. What a great winter we're having! :) :) :)

More
10 Mar 2006 03:06 #212402 by mfaoro
Replied by mfaoro on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin
Yah...called in sick this morning...as KOMOTV.com said...Heaven...<br><br>Michael

• geo
  • [george_Thomas]
More
10 Mar 2006 13:12 #212413 by geo
Replied by geo on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Alpental night skiin
Alpental was "sick" in the morning or should I say ?epic? or as one boarder described it as "Swashbuckling?. Bottomless powder, really! After a fall I tried to plant a pole and it just sunk to the handle. Caught first tracks right down the middle of Nash. Set off a little slide on Gunmount and saw a number of other small slides in a number of steep sections. The backcountry was probably pretty treacherous; saw a number of slides on the ride home around 2pm. It was even better than the last epic day! I thanked the preacher who I rode chair 2 with? he had prayed for snow last Sunday.