Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 9, 2006, Crystal Mtn

March 9, 2006, Crystal Mtn

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Mar 2006 16:07 #212396 by Larry_Trotter
March 9, 2006, Crystal Mtn was created by Larry_Trotter
Well... we were stomping around in deep powder today. I heard folks skiing down Campbell Basin, going "woo woo!". It is hard to describe, like turning a six year old loose in a candy store. Snowed all day. Visibility was ok, flat light in the bowls. Evidently, there was an attempt to groom the lower slopes. So they had only about five or six inches of fresh if you skied down the middle of the run. slip off to the side and it was deep stuff. All morning, we were all busy cutting first turns on powder all over the place. Chair six was packed. I have never seen so many people before, skiing down from the top. <br><br>And... we had para-skiers flying down from the Green Valley rim to parallel to the bottom of Luckyshot. I think they wanted to avoid the Rex cables.<br><br>I was surprised, I thought my pocket rockets would float on that stuff more; I had snow hitting my knees. But I was able to ski that stuff. Some great skiers were ripping Sunnyside - a great show while sitting on the Rex chair.<br><br>No problem driving. Parked in the lower lot. Skied all the way back down to our car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2006 16:17 #212397 by weezer
Replied by weezer on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Crystal Mtn
First my vision left me, than I could not breath,my ears packed with snow. as my turn finally started to fly, its the return of Dr. Deep<br>woooo hoooo in the white room

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.