March 9, Stevens

• goiner
  • [goiner]
More
09 Mar 2006 13:02 #212394 by goiner
March 9, Stevens was created by goiner
Tony the "Mouth" requested this post of Stevens.<br><br>Arrived early to 20" new, temps at 22 degrees and not above 27 for the day. It was a superb day of nice pow under intermittently snowing conditions and variable light. About 4" new up to 2pm.<br><br>Snow conditions were light to moderate water content but very manageable and lots of good fun on the big goats I was using today. The steeper the run, the better the fun. Did the usual Corona Bowl, Double Diamond. Corona had some avalanche slough, but it was light and broke apart on ski contact. The power lines on backside were beautiful soft and knee deep after the usual winded part before the towers.<br><br>The runouts were a bit slow and at the bottoms, because of snow depth, so I just followed the track lines to keep speed.<br><br>Some wind blown on the backside exposed sections, but large rewards and deposits in trees and sheltered locations. 7th was very good, some slough, but got tracked pretty fast. <br><br>Some of the tree wells seemed to be catching a few skiers with one big accident on andromeda face lower trees under chair right going up. The snowboarders were getting multiple 360 forward face plants today...There were many who couldn't keep speed on the flat outs.<br><br>A very stellar day touring the mtn on goats...<br>Nice riding up with you Tony!<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alpinedave
  • [alpinedave]
More
10 Mar 2006 05:27 #212403 by alpinedave
Replied by alpinedave on topic Re: March 9, Stevens
wow, that really summed it up! don't know where everyone went after 1pm. we practically had the place to our selves :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Tony_Bentley
  • [crackbolter]
More
10 Mar 2006 09:40 #212407 by Tony_Bentley
Replied by Tony_Bentley on topic Re: March 9, Stevens
:D<br><br>It did clear out pretty quick. I also noticed quite a few people coming up at 2:30 on my way back. <br><br>I was blah blah blah all day. I felt sorry for the people having to ride the chair with me yesterday. Just too excited for the pow. What can I say?

• goiner
  • [goiner]
More
10 Mar 2006 11:06 #212410 by goiner
Replied by goiner on topic Re: March 9, Stevens
blah blah blah blah for starters.<br><br>But seriously, if you think you talk too much,<br>you should have followed me down.<br><br>I was talking to myself the entire way, run after, fabulous run..............