Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 8, 2006, Alpental

March 8, 2006, Alpental

• Merk
  • [Merk]
More
08 Mar 2006 15:27 #212388 by Merk
March 8, 2006, Alpental was created by Merk
lets see here, conditions today were; <br>Lower Mtn: deep<br>Chair 2 face: deeper<br>Lower Int'l: deepest<br><br>Skied from 10 to 4, snowed hard all day, got colder as the day went on, snow conditions were fabulous, left to go home feeling like a little kid not wanting to leave, had 10" on the car, one fine day. Unless there's a catastrophic avalanche, tomorrow should be nuts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2006 03:29 #212389 by hankj
Replied by hankj on topic Re: March 8, 2006, Alpental
I rode at Alpental from 4 till 8:30<br><br>it snowed the whole time and was very windy -- lots of snow being blown around. Old tracks were filling in pretty good from the wind transport.<br><br>the snow was pretty nice -- cold but not fluffy, not graupel either, very small slightly granular flakes.<br><br>When I left I checked the snow depth on top of a car that has been in the lot all day -- 18 inches.<br><br>

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Mar 2006 06:21 #212391 by oftpiste
Replied by oftpiste on topic Re: March 8, 2006, Alpental
I was there from 10-2 or so. Tons of snow. Tight right line on Internationale was deep, Adrenalin too. Made fresh tracks on each of three top to bottom laps below the cliffs skier's right of lower 'nash. <br><br>Powder bowl also untouched. Ski 10 feet past where you dropped in the last time and it was all yours. BC closed. They had the snowcat dig out the snow on the low spot above the cliffs halfway up chair 2, and the cliffs are barely cliffs anymore. Haven't seen that much snow there for a while.<br><br>I little heavy, but not too bad, visibility a little challenging at times, and then the sun would pop out. I imagine it's pretty great there right now!<br><br>I was lamenting watching too many snowboarders sideslipping new snow off a few pitches when I saw this sticker plastered on a lift tower: "Sideslipping is not Snowboarding". Perfect.<br><br>