Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > February 10, 2006, Crystal

February 10, 2006, Crystal

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2006 09:08 #212315 by oftpiste
February 10, 2006, Crystal was created by oftpiste
Amazingly blue skies, howling winds and abundant boilerplate on the groomers made for an exciting ski day. Those of us with freshly stropped edges did better than the rest. Had to wait 30 minutes in Greenwater about 8:30 for a downed powerline to be cleared from the road and Crystal's chairs were running on diesel power. Lots of trees down and a powerline swaying perilously close to the road from a leaning utility pole on the way home. Ungroomed pitches were, shall we say, challenging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chamois
  • [Chamois]
More
10 Feb 2006 09:39 #212316 by Chamois
Replied by Chamois on topic Re: February 10, 2006, Crystal
Similar conditions at Snowcrummy Pass this morning. I should have stayed home and gardened!!! Likely the worst conditions I've ever skied.

More
10 Feb 2006 13:58 #212317 by Salal
Replied by Salal on topic Re: February 10, 2006, Crystal
I second that....worst turns yet this year were had today. Reminded me of the boilerplate conditions that can exsist on cannon mt in new hampshire

More
10 Feb 2006 14:47 #212318 by marcr
Replied by marcr on topic Re: February 10, 2006, Crystal
Cannon Mountain. Whenever I find myself complaining about conditions here, I remember some of my days skiing blue ice there, or at Wildcat. <br><br>Uphill both ways, in the dead of winter ;)<br><br>