Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Jan 20, 2006, Stevens Pass

Jan 20, 2006, Stevens Pass

• RossMac
  • [RossMac]
More
20 Jan 2006 12:35 #212206 by RossMac
Jan 20, 2006, Stevens Pass was created by RossMac
Very deep and nice, with some heavy stuff underneath especially lower down. Actually got better as the day went on, as the upper layer of powder consolidated and kept you out of the heavy stuff. Or maybe I just got better as the day went on? Sweet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2006 14:47 #212208 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: Jan 20, 2006, Stevens Pass
Before the lifts started loading at 9:10am, we watched the Patrol do laps with face shots down Big Chief. They were done for the morning and were just skiing while we all waited for the lifts to load. Over a foot of new blanketed the terrain. After 3 laps on Big Chief, they finally started loading Double Diamond. The runs down Mill Valley were - WOW. Faceshots on steep terrain. <br><br>After a couple of hours, the visible terrain was thrashed and the masses disappeared. We stayed and skied "the stashes" and had untracked lines until the last chair loaded on the backside at 3pm. It was an epic powder day. 6 hours of deep powder faceshots. :)<br><br>Zap

• Tophervw
  • [Tophervw]
More
21 Jan 2006 11:38 #212210 by Tophervw
Replied by Tophervw on topic Re: Jan 20, 2006, Stevens Pass
My evening found a few stashes off the high long traverse from hogsback, between the hours of 5 and 8. I can only imagine the day crowd?s conditions (DEEP as mentioned above). Folks were numerous and lines a bit longer than is to my liking....not to mention the zoo that gathers in the funnel to the lift maze.<br><br>All and all a killer evening however, supplemented by the whistler edge card made for an $17 dollar outing....I can't eat out anywhere else for that price...powder that is ;D<br>