Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > april 2-3, Alpental

april 2-3, Alpental

• stihlfree
  • [ggonia]
More
05 Apr 2005 05:29 #211893 by stihlfree
april 2-3, Alpental was created by stihlfree
so where did this snow come from? i left last friday for a week in squaw valley, get down there and see on the weather channel all the snow in the northwest. who would of thought....<br> <br>so we left squaw, which is another story all in itself ;), friday april 1 and drove straight through the night. we arrived back home here at alpental at about 5:30am. myself and another just stayed up to go get first chair at Alpental. and it was well worth it ;D we had three excellent runs with fresh untracked snow each time. the top of chair two was quite nice and deep, but it didn't take long to get chopped up and heavy. ski patrol did not open the bc this day. so we skied long enough to realize that we had been awake for almost 35hrs. and called it. we got up again sun morn. in hopes of the bc being opened up but it was not. we rode up chair two in the miserable fog, "snoqualmie soup", sat in the patrol shack for a while, then finally made our way down to go straight home. so the skiing there was good early on. THE PATROL NEVER OPENED THE BC EITHER OF THE DAYS, SO THERE SHOULD STILL BE PLENTY OUT THERE ;D but be careful. we've already had one get hosed up there and that's one too many.<br>the upper hill seemed to hold out in good shape as far as rocks go, except in places where everyone is funneled together i.e. entering Gunmount, or the exit from Edelweiss Bowl. can't say the same for the lower hill. it got to looking pretty thin with lots of pungee sticks showing. there was only limited grooming so most of the way down is pretty bumpy. <br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2005 06:00 #211894 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: april 2-3, Alpental

we rode up chair two in the miserable fog, "snoqualmie soup", sat in the patrol shack for a while, then finally made our way down to go straight home.

<br><br>Yeah, I was getting vertigo up there on Upper I in the 10 ft. visibility, not to mention ramming into lots of sharp little bumps I couldn't see. The vibe was high, however, RV city was in full force in lot #2, and it was great to see friends I hadn't seen all year. Spent lots of time just standing on the hill chatting with some of the regulars.

• stihlfree
  • [ggonia]
More
05 Apr 2005 06:23 #211895 by stihlfree
Replied by stihlfree on topic Re: april 2-3, Alpental
yeah, invisible moguls + teles= no good!<br><br>but it was great to be up there and see old familiar faces. just about each one was smiling despite the conditions. yeah, nash was fun eh? complete vertigo!