Home > Forum > Glacier Peak / Mtn Loop Hwy vicinity Rd Closures

Glacier Peak / Mtn Loop Hwy vicinity Rd Closures

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
24 Oct 2003 12:52 #168578 by Scole
I know a number of people on here like to head out to the Glacier Peak vicinity so be advised that the recent storm which closed Hwy 20 also damaged portions of the Mtn Loop Hwy and damaged at least one key bridge for those going to the Kennedy Hot Springs trailhead.<br><br>More from the Forest Service standpoint can be found here:<br><br> www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/news/2003/nr_forest..._update_102203.shtml <br><br>The blue bridge on the Mtn Loop Hwy just east of Verlot suffered severe erosion to its western approach and I know that the county crews have been working on it. It became crossable a day or two ago but that may be only for county road crews. From there up to about the Big Four area, there are about 3 areas where the river's meander has undercut the road shoulder and I have not heard anything about when that will get fixed.<br><br>From the county perspective (admittantly, it's not much), here is a link to keep up to date:<br><br> www.co.snohomish.wa.us/publicwk/roads/ro...ion/roadclosures.htm <br><br>The photos I've seen aren't as severe as the Hwy 20 damage but it's impressive none the less, especially at & just downstream of the blue bridge...<br><br>FYI.<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
30 Oct 2003 16:18 #168585 by Scole
It does not sound very good for those who love this area:<br><br> www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/news/2003/nr_forest..._update_102903.shtml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.