Home > Trip Reports > April 30, 2008, Mt. Hood, Bennett Siesta Patrol

April 30, 2008, Mt. Hood, Bennett Siesta Patrol

4/30/08
OR Mt Hood
Posted by steve_f on 4/30/08 4:35pm
I realized I hadn't gotten my April turns in last night.  We had our first baby 8 days ago, so I've been pre-occupied and tired.  I tried to find a partner at the last minute, but didn't.  Clearcut 1 solo is pretty safe, and there was about 6"+ of fresh snow.  It was fun, but I bet it would have been much drier in the morning as opposed to the afternoon.  I didn't expect it to be sunny though, the picture I attached shows the clouds piled up on the west flank of Mt. Hood.  I'm glad I didn't go to Timberline, with the weird weather in town lately it was nice having some sun.
Way to get the turns in and congrats on your newborn!

Way to go get some Steve.  Yah, it deteriorates fast this time of year huh?  I don't suppose you saw a Blackberry laying around on the top of #1?

I saw your trip request, but I seem to be done skiing for the season.  Would love to hit it with you next year.  Gunsight ridge, Gnarl ridge looks really interesting, Mt Defiance?  My soon-to-be wife is complaining that I ski alone too often.  Of course, she is right...

Howdy Pablo, no blackberry, lo siento.  I bet your soon to be wife is glad you lost it if you are anything like me.
I've been up to Elk Meadows in the winter, but never on up to Gnarl Ridge.  Sounds interesting, I'd be game.  Mt. Defiance seems pretty scary, but I could probably be talked into it.  Especially if there is another approach other than from the gorge.  I've hiked it in the summer, and there are some really steep parts...

Reply to this TR

april-30-2008-mt-hood-bennett-siesta-patrol
steve_f
2008-04-30 23:35:50