Home > Trip Reports > April 30 Alpental powder patrol ~ 1'

April 30 Alpental powder patrol ~ 1'

4/15/08
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Cornfed on 4/30/08 4:13am
Ari and I felt good about seeing snow on Tiger Mountain from last night.  We felt even better when my Blazer was starting to bottom out on the unplowed road.  We both smiled when we jumped out of the car and landed mid-calf deep in fluff.  Epic skiing was ruined only by the fact that we had time only for one run prior to returning to the MAN to earn a paycheck.  Face shots on the last day in April at Snoqualmie Pass - - gotta love it!

Alpental site says 9".  I think that is at the base because it felt deeper.

Some sluffing on steeper terrain, but minimal avalanche activity.  We skied in-bounds in order to maximize vertical gain.  Thanks to the lone skier whose trail we followed to the top of the express chair.

I'll post a few pictures tonight, but wanted to get the word out in case you could leave work to enjoy!
14" on the top. ;D

Up at the Pass last night (post-work), for 2-3" of fresh. Sounds like you had a *much* fresher time!

Sometimes visual help is needed. Top of 2 today.

This is the jealous emoticon :j:  ...and it's way green! :)

Hey Cornfed, I'm the lone path maker from this morning's dawn patrol.  Thanks to you for the trail from top of Armstrong to the top of Chair 2.  I ran a lap on Debbies Gold and then a lap from the top-down the Fan...all stellar.  Nice to close-out April with some early morning faceshots.

Round 2 tomorrow?

Dave

author=goldman link=topic=9935.msg40038#msg40038 date=1209602058]
Hey Cornfed, I'm the lone path maker from this morning's dawn patrol.  Thanks to you for the trail from top of Armstrong to the top of Chair 2.  I ran a lap on Debbies Gold and then a lap from the top-down the Fan...all stellar.  Nice to close-out April with some early morning faceshots.

Round 2 tomorrow?

Dave

Nice track.

How do you post pictures that are over 100KB?  I've got a couple of photos fm this morning, but they are 400KB and I can't post.  Yes, I am technologically inept.

Host them on photobucket or a similar site.

author=snoqpass link=topic=9935.msg40050#msg40050 date=1209651996]
Host them on photobucket or a similar site.

You're turing into a interweb nerd. Ha!

author=gravitymk link=topic=9935.msg40051#msg40051 date=1209652309]
You're turing into a interweb nerd. Ha!

Hello Pot....this is kettle........you're black.........over.

author=snoqpass link=topic=9935.msg40052#msg40052 date=1209654087]
Hello Pot....this is kettle........you're black.........over.

That's Mr. Frying pan to you bub.
Parts of me have been referred to in those terms.  ;-)

hey I was the tele skier that ran into you up in pineapple that morning were you able to post the pics?

Reply to this TR

april-30-alpental-powder-patrol-1
Cornfed
2008-04-30 11:13:10