Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop

• Robie
  • [Robie]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Oct 2003 16:40 #168553 by Robie
Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop was created by Robie
Geez,<br>With all these reports coming in I threw the MT bike in a corner,ordered new ski bindings and set about trimming skins to my new fatties.<br>I like to think of myself as one of the world's greatest skilled. In fact my whole career has been fixing stuff. Close friends can add a testimonial here. But there is one thing that makes me a blathering idiot and gets me to sweating. ANYTHING STICKY! Is there a gene I'm missing? <br>At Work I'm not allowed in the decal dept period ,never ever and forever. My car and airplane models as a kid were glazed over with glue. Many happy hours I spent picking the glue off my fingers. Velcro now is just barely doable for me.<br> Well, the skins and skis survived ragged trim and all. I must have had the skin on and off 15 times stuck here and there.Did I tell you I did all this on the laundry table cause my bench was too short? When I started there were two piles of underwear nicely folded also on the table. I'm sure I'll hear about sticky panties and strange purple hair in a couple days. <br>If I can work up my courage tomorrow night I'll do the other skin and ski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
14 Oct 2003 19:02 #168554 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop
Heck, I just trimmed my new skins! It isn't THAT bad.

More
14 Oct 2003 19:07 #168555 by skip
Replied by skip on topic Re: Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop
robie,<br><br>I've been thinking lately that my skins could use a re-glue. Perhaps I could drop them off some time? They're Ascensions, and I'd like if you could replicate the snappy glue stripes down the length of the skin that are currently in place. When's good for you?

• Robie
  • [Robie]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Oct 2003 02:28 #168556 by Robie
Replied by Robie on topic Re: Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop
Skip ,A little bead of sweat just rolled down my forehead.

More
15 Oct 2003 03:07 #168557 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop
Skipper, MadDog's the reglue Ace of all time. <br>If you ask her nice she might share some of her family secrets that have been passed down from generation to generation.

More
15 Oct 2003 05:00 #168558 by JMor
Replied by JMor on topic Re: Oct 13th, 2003, in my ski shop

When I started there were two piles of underwear nicely folded also on the table. I'm sure I'll hear about sticky panties and strange purple hair in a couple days. <br>If I can work up my courage tomorrow night I'll do the other skin and ski.

<br><br>Now that's funny ;D ;D ;D <br><br>I can hardly wait to ski with you the first time, cause I wanna see if you got all the underware off the skins.