Home > Trip Reports > April 15, 2008, - Joffre NE

April 15, 2008, - Joffre NE

4/15/08
Posted by ema on 4/19/08 9:51am
Curious to check out Chris's beautiful new jacket and hoping to get some turns Sharon and i headed up Duffy to the Joffre Group.

I've been dreaming of the day i could slay the NE meadows of Joffre.  I've gazed longingly at it while dripping fat from triple Wendy's baconators on drives to and from the Duffy.  Given the fact that it was likely to be crap weather in the alpine and given that i had enough of stumbling around in whiteouts on the Matier Glacier i figured that today was the day for me to make these NE meadows my bitch.

And so it was to be - but first the fashion show - note the contrast between the magenta red hue to this fine Arcteryx Alpha SV garment as we start the meadowskip

As chris drops into the entry chute to the NE meadows he somehow manages to make a turn despite his ultra sketchy Atomic Sugar Daddy lightweight pinner skis

Sharon wishes that she had the magenta red hue jacket but has to be content with aquamarine

Finally after the rapaciously ruthless ruttage of the entry couloir we proceed to more supremely satisfying slayage of the NE meadows

If some random snowshoer had been wandering by they would have undoubtedly have complimented us on the rad-gnar sickness of our turns... yah, brah.

Reply to this TR

april-15-2008-joffre-ne
ema
2008-04-19 16:51:21