tNQay (not quite)?

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
04 Oct 2003 07:31 #168518 by Jim Oker
tNQay (not quite)? was created by Jim Oker
So I must confess - my last ski was on July 3. My next ski may be this month if the snow really cranks up above Paradise, but it may not happen until December if the hiking stays great and the hike-to-turns ratio stays so high. I almost made it 12 months one year around when I first moved out here, in fact if you count riding the Palmer lift in August and getting up on water skis for the first time in September, I did make it 12 months several years back ;)<br><br>So who else among you is willing to admit publically that you don't ski year 'round, but that you check in periodically here anyhow to see what kind of amusement more motivated souls are having?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2003 13:55 #168524 by wolfs
Replied by wolfs on topic Re: tNQay (not quite)?
Well, I really was trying to make it All Year this year for first time, I've definitely been NQay til now. But the remaining dirty patches of September seemed so much less inviting than going for a nice long hike in the bugfree, snowfree highcountry. What remained on the Flett in August and seeing all the blue ice on usually reliable glaciers kind of knocked the ski lust outta me.<br>In the last three years or so I've managed basically one extra month a year, so if September is my single missed month for this year, then maybe I'll finally make it round the months next year.<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.