Home > Forum > PNW Pray for Snow Party...??

PNW Pray for Snow Party...??

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
16 Sep 2003 09:00 #168483 by juan
PNW Pray for Snow Party...?? was created by juan
Hey, I'm kinda new to these parts, last year was my first season up here, and I'm thinking I was quite remiss in not having a pray for snow party/bonfire fiesta. I hope that was not one of the causes of the less-than-stellar season last year.<br><br>Anyhow, just wondering if this is a tradition in these parts, as it always was in the many years I called the rockies my home. If so, when and where?<br><br>If not, well its time to start a new PNW tradition. Maybe a bonfire party down at golden gardens some evening where we can make a sacrifice to the snow gods.<br><br>Come on people, lets get the good vibes brewing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2003 12:38 #168485 by russ
Replied by russ on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
Sounds like a good idea! So what would be the appropriate "thing" to sacrifice? ???

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
16 Sep 2003 19:14 #168486 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??

Sounds like a good idea! So what would be the appropriate "thing" to sacrifice?  ???

<br>Tele skiers! ;D<br><br>Just kidding....isn't an old tradition to burn old skis?<br>

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
17 Sep 2003 07:55 #168488 by juan
Replied by juan on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
well....lots of readers but few posters, not sure what that means. <br><br>as far as an appropriate sacrifice, i've done skis in the past but i've been told that burning the plastric laminate is less-than-good for the lungs and atmosphere. i've got some wooden skis, but i like them too much to burn. we may have to resort to sacrificing lots of wood and a portion of our livers. ;)

More
19 Sep 2003 02:40 #168491 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I think theres a lot o lurkers on the site (myself included). ;)<br>I don't have any skis to sacrifice but I'd be game for having another pub gathering like the one that Ron and others threw together a couple weeks ago.<br>Hoping that all the usual early season destinations will be ready to go in just a few more weeks.

More
19 Sep 2003 03:02 #168492 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I'm always up for a pub gathering as well.<br>Ideally something larger than the last place we were at. Thanks to Robie (who got there like a half hour early) we kinda lucked out and got the largest of about 5 tables in the place. <br>

More
19 Sep 2003 05:06 #168493 by ema
Replied by ema on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
i'd be up for a pub night. i missed the last one as i was out of town! if anything, it shows more trust in the snow gods than a bonfire, which implies dry warmish weather, the opposite of what we seek :)

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
19 Sep 2003 08:01 #168494 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
Only question is when and where? Another opportunity for a few beers is a good idea! 8)

More
19 Sep 2003 08:10 #168495 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
If you guys want to sacrifice your livers then I'm just the guy you need to see. Turns out I run a bar down town.612 Stewart, it's called the Yakima Grill. So this sunday night the 21st I will be doing happy hour price on beer for any one who mentions t-a-y and I'll even supply some munchies. hope to see you all there.(I knew you guys would do it on a weekend again and this is the only way I could go.)<br><br>Stefan <br>

More
19 Sep 2003 08:55 - 19 Sep 2003 09:52 #168496 by Pete A
..thanks for the offer of cheap brew Sag!<br>...sunday eh? probably work for me....anyone else?  I gotta put in some hours sunday at work downtown so I'd be game to stop by and hoist a pint.  anyone want to pick a time? <br>if its too short notice for most folks, I'm always game for another day. <br><br>

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
19 Sep 2003 09:51 #168497 by alpentalcorey
Replied by alpentalcorey on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I will try to come. Sounds great.

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
19 Sep 2003 10:44 #168498 by juan
sounds good, can we burn stuff? ;)

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
19 Sep 2003 11:40 #168500 by paul_smith
Great offer Sag, can we burn some of the Bar? ;D I'll try to make it. What time? Sag?

More
19 Sep 2003 13:22 #168501 by russ
Replied by russ on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I think I could make that - since no one is setting a time, how about 7:30ish 8)

More
19 Sep 2003 13:32 - 19 Sep 2003 13:35 #168502 by ron j
Wow, that's pretty generous, Stefan.<br>I see no reason to give business to outsiders when we have a proprietor of a libation establishment right in our own midst.  Very cool.<br>Unfortunately for me, I already have committed to hiking plans for Sunday and don't know how the timing is going to work out as far as making it to downtown Seattle Sunday night, but I WILL be there if it can be done.<br>Thanks, again for providing us a venue, sag.

More
20 Sep 2003 07:59 #168503 by sag
Replied by sag on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I'll be there from 5pm-2am any time is fine. Im affraid there will be no burning of the bar, I'll be needing that again later. I guess I could burn some food for ya ;D

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
21 Sep 2003 16:33 #168504 by alpentalcorey
Replied by alpentalcorey on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
Just got back from Artist point.... It's 9:30pm, I'll be heading down soon. Hope I'm not too late hope to see some of y'all. If not, I'll at least see you Stefan.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
22 Sep 2003 18:55 #168506 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: PNW Pray for Snow Party...??
I'm sorry to have missed another one of these gatherings - I was on a family camping trip and didn't check the TRs for 3 days, so I didn't even know about it until too late. Stefan, thanks for hosting the party.<br><br>I have to say that, weather-wise, it looks like the party was a failure, with endless days of perfect sunny fall weather forecast. As ema suggested, maybe a new approach is needed? How about a carwash/volleyball/BBQ party at Alki beach the next time clouds are forecast?

More
23 Sep 2003 07:19 #168507 by ron j
Yeah, I missed it too. Was just too dirty, too tired, and it was too far out of the way after Sunday's activities.<br>So, Corey, it looks like you made it. What's Stefan's place like? <br>From the looks of their web site it looks like it would be a great place to stop off for a brewski and a snack after a mounties activity, eh?

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
23 Sep 2003 10:22 #168509 by juan
bonfire party is still in the planing stages. i'm thinking sometime in late october or early novemnber down at golden gardens. i think we have a onepiece ski suit offered already for our initial sacrifice.

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
23 Sep 2003 11:18 #168510 by paul_smith
Hey Juan, I could bring some wood! Wood that help? ;D ;D

More
23 Sep 2003 13:34 #168512 by Pete A
I was lame...got stuck at work sunday night, yuck....one of these days I'll hopefully get a chance to meet up with y'all....maybe at the paradise parkin lot in a few weeks when we finally get some snow...

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
24 Sep 2003 05:31 #168514 by juan
wood is good.....i'll get the word out once we figure out a good evening for the sacrifice, err i mean party.

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
17 Oct 2003 10:51 #168564 by juan
OK folks, I know you've all been patiently awaiting the announcement for the PNW pray for snow party.<br><br>Tentatively (fairly sure) scheduled for Saturday, Novemner 15th, 9PM. Bonfire party at Golden Gardens park. Come pray and make a sacrifice to Urll or Jah or Sasquatch, or whoever can make it dump lots of cold, fluffy pow pow this upcomng season.<br><br>Palates and fire provided, and maybe a keg in the back of my truck if that doesn't seem to risky with the 5-0. Buried beacons around the beach for some moonlight, altered beacon practice. <br><br>You bring something to sacrifice to the snow gods...something meaningful and respectful of our large request (one piece ski suits are encouraged, but nothing plastic). Bring friends...lets make it a good one.<br><br>Cheers

• juan
  • [jon_ambrose]
More
04 Nov 2003 08:43 #168592 by juan
Replied by juan on topic Party Date
Due to scheduling conflicts (SAR benefit), the pray for snow party has been moved up a night to Friday Nov 14th. Hope to see lots of TAY folks there...Golden Gardens..9PMish.<br><br>Cheers<br>Juan