Home > Forum > Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself

Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself

• JMor
  • [Jm-04]
More
12 Sep 2003 14:47 #168471 by JMor
Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself was created by JMor
Since all of us are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new snow, what do you do to amuse yourself in the meantime. ??? I usually do some road bike and mountain bike riding, in addition, hiking with Ron checking out some really cool new areas that we will ski as soon as the snow flies. I'm sure Charles from TAY will be interested too, so I'm sure he won't mind that we use this idle time. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2003 02:10 #168472 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Work &gt;:(<br>Enjoy friends and family :)<br>Repair, update, maintain and generally fiddle with gear ???<br>Study maps; look for new stashes ;)<br>Do recon hike to new potential stashes 8)<br>Scheme on turns for the next month if we don't get fresh snow by then ???<br>Plan trips to the freshies with the "rock skis" for when we DO get the freshies ;D<br>Pray for snow.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
14 Sep 2003 11:15 #168473 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
I tend to bug partners about climbing a volcano to 'ski' ice and runnels. ;D That, and post on various internet forums. 8)

• powscraper
  • [username]
More
14 Sep 2003 12:00 #168474 by powscraper
Replied by powscraper on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Ok these words are only coming from mister sucky snowboarder but...<br><br>...ice and runnels? Well there might have been some under that fresh snow on Baker this weekend. Best 8 pounds I ever hauled up there for sure.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
14 Sep 2003 13:02 #168475 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
I'm just bitter cause I haven't gotten out in about three weeks.

• powscraper
  • [username]
More
14 Sep 2003 14:19 #168476 by powscraper
well I guess we just got lucky. Lets see, that brings my streak to, well, must be 1 month and counting now...

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
15 Sep 2003 07:01 #168477 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
It seems like my summers have developed a consistent rythym as our kids have gotten old enough to really enjoy camping: prepare for a camping trip, go on a camping trip, clean up from a camping trip and try to deal with the garden harvest, prepare for a camping trip...<br><br>The only real interruption of this pattern comes from my attempts to get in a ski trip each month. The summer goes by very quickly, but it's great to be out in the woods and mountains with the family.<br><br>

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
15 Sep 2003 08:08 #168478 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Mad Dog when your beside yourself do you have any good conversations? Any good answers? To fill the time in the fall I'll plan this seasons ski trip, done we're going to Uoooootah, decide which bindings to mount on my new Shuksan's, no decision as of yet,any suggestions, scheeming on ways to get in more ski days this winter, perhaps have an adult beverage, and of course whiling away countless hours at work writing inane drivel on this site :D :D :D!

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
15 Sep 2003 12:04 #168480 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Hike (including seeing the world from atop Olympus recently!! - very cool including a high alpine camp...)<br>Bike (wish my S.O. were more into mt biking though)<br>Sail (sunfish - pretty sporty in a high wind)<br>Chores (they build up when the snow is good)<br>Periodically check in to see how far some of you are willing to hike for some turns<br>I'd mention the adult beverages, but I do those after skiing too!<br>Planning ski trips - have one to BC all sewn up...

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
15 Sep 2003 17:57 #168481 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Oh, and Paul - one season of using the Karhu 7TMs and I pretty much like them, except that they took a little while getting used to how to easily get the heel throw on my boot. So no gear swapping for me in this off-season, unless I succumb to the "go AT" trend of my aging crowd...

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
16 Sep 2003 11:02 #168484 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
username.<br><br>How about a trip report?<br><br>We were up scouting and had to manuever around a couple of parked SUVs on the Boulder River bridge.<br>Ski carriers were mounted atop each. The folks were out of their vehicles scoping a route as if they had just come off the mountain. I would have stopped to talk but we were in a hurry to get to Cascadian Farms. <br>Was that your group? <br><br>

• powscraper
  • [username]
More
26 Sep 2003 07:55 - 26 Sep 2003 07:55 #168515 by powscraper
Wait I think you are talking about the east side (?)<br><br>We were on the Coleman-Deming.

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
26 Sep 2003 09:16 #168516 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: Sept 12 2003, Beside Myself
Hey username.<br><br>Yeah. It's actually the Boulder Creek Bridge. I've since seen your trip report through a link you provided on Telemarktips.com. Thanks again.<br><br>btw to stay on this thread's topic the mrs. and I like to hike and spend time in Wenatchee. Tomorrow we'll scramble Mt. Maude via Phelps Creek and Leroy Basin on our way to spend the night at our private Wenatchee hideaway. 8) ;)