Home > Trip Reports > Attractive and large WF seeks Two SWM - 3.30.08

Attractive and large WF seeks Two SWM - 3.30.08

3/15/08
Posted by Stugie on 3/31/08 3:44pm
here's a brief summary of our trip yesterday out near crystal lakes basin...

Summited Crystal, saw tracks on the north side, not to the summit, but through a good section of the bowl.  We decided to drop the SE side.

Photo by Stugie

Photo by Kyle

It was tough making some judgement calls.  After going through column tests in two separate areas, we decided that we were comfortable with the results.  The first column didn't hold so well, but the second was a lot more reassuring.  Under about 1' of blower was a more consolidated "styrofoam" pow that sat atop a very thin glide layer, probably from earlier sunbreaks in the week.  It broke after one strike from the shoulder.  After 4 additional strikes, the column broke at the 3' where they was another more obvious crust.  4' down the snowpack became very consolidated.

Photo by Stugie

Photo by Stugie

We dropped 5 lines total and had AMAZING powder conditions, sometimes getting waist deep with no trouble receiving faceshots the whole day.  We even managed to find a sick cave to break in.  After 4 epic runs, we decided that we wanted to ride a large girl...Big Bertha.  She wanted to be ridden that day.  Our last run was too good to pull a camera...1500'-2000' of unhindered riding through blower powder, waist deep.  People on the other side of the world were crying.  It was the kind of day that leaves you smiling for weeks, yet unable to even explain to someone that doesn't understand...

Photo by Stugie

Photo by Stugie

Good work guys.
Way to nail Big Bertha (you don't know how close I came to nuking your post ;) )

Nice work...sounds like the large WF is heartbroken....way to hit and run fellas

Thanks Jeff!  She's quite a floozy, but we managed to finish quick! ;)  Fortunately, she didn't feel like cuddling....that would have been disasterous! :D

Did you mention that conditions were epic

No Kyle, I forgot!  CONDITIONS WERE EPIC!!  In fact, that won word of the day...lol!

There's some videos here for anyone interested in seeing some of Kylie's and my tours...

Reply to this TR

attractive-and-large-wf-seeks-two-swm-3-30-08
Stugie
2008-03-31 22:44:39