Is it Really SNOWING?

• ron j
  • [ron_j]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Sep 2003 02:04 - 10 Sep 2003 02:05 #168465 by ron j
Is it Really SNOWING? was created by ron j
Uh.. Mmm.. Guess what?<br>4 to 6 inches at Timberline.<br>www.timberlinelodge.com/conditions/conditions.asp
Rock On.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
10 Sep 2003 03:07 #168467 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: Is it Really SNOWING?
Ron ya gotta like that! And I herd there's 10" new at Solitude in Utah. :D<br><br>Paul

• jbluv2ski
  • [jbluv2ski]
More
17 Sep 2003 07:56 #168489 by jbluv2ski
Replied by jbluv2ski on topic Re: Is it Really SNOWING?
Hello everyone, I have decided to start posting and not just lurking. This site is a great resource, now enough of that, did anyone see the photo's posted on the Silverton website? They apparently had enough to actually ski last week.<br>www.silvertonmountain.com/gallery/album07
I think it could be an early start here in the PNW as this drought ends. It better as I work for Intrawest and if the season starts like last year, I am gonna cry! It did snow a little in the alpine again last night too.

• ron j
  • [ron_j]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Sep 2003 08:59 #168490 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Is it Really SNOWING?
Glad to have you on board, jbluv2ski.<br>From what I have heard you have a great employer. Where in the PNW do you live and work?

• jbluv2ski
  • [jbluv2ski]
More
22 Sep 2003 12:19 #168505 by jbluv2ski
Replied by jbluv2ski on topic Re: Is it Really SNOWING?
Hi Ron, sorry I haven't got back sooner. I have been tripping around the Gulf Islands for a few days. Yes Intrawest is a very good employer, and I work in the downtown Vancouver office, so some days it is a bit of a desicion as where to tour. Baker or Whistler? If I didn't have the season pass at Whistler, Baker would defintely win out. My favourite areas are Coleman Pinnacle and the Sholes area in July. I always seem to have one of the best days of the season out there in July. Because of conditions this year I decided to take a break and skied my last turns for the season back in early July. It has actually made me look forward to this winter more than any in the past few years. I wonder if anyone else has done this after a fairly long consecutive streak? I skied close to 5 years straight. Ever taken a break?

• ron j
  • [ron_j]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Sep 2003 07:30 #168508 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Is it Really SNOWING?
Yeah, we figure backing off to one ski tour a month this time of year with hiking recons in between is taking a break. ;)<br>I'd proly look like a homesick bloodhound if I hadn't skied since July. Guess I'm hopelessly addicted ;D