Home > Trip Reports > March 26, 2008, Kendal Ridge

March 26, 2008, Kendal Ridge

3/26/08
Posted by bobS on 3/27/08 4:48am
With a busy week and booked weekend ahead, Wednesday morning would be the chance to check out the winter conditions we€™ve been having. Plus I was a little eager to try out the new Kailas I€™d picked up Tuesday night.
Mike and I headed up to the pass in dark with snow coming down fairly hard. There was plenty of it, fresh and light, as we skinned up and did a couple laps. Everything we encountered was stable including the wind affected areas at the top of the ridge. We heard some blasting around 9, skied some more and enjoyed the sunshine on the cruse back to the car. Even got Mike back to the office in time for his meeting with the chief.

Do you guys often get up for an early morning tour?  My old dawn patrol buddy moved back to Canada and I have only managed two tours this winter.  I'm always up for it if work allows.

The "after work" tours are now in season with longer days and spring conditions.

May only have a couple more weeks this year, but Monday and Tuesday next week look promising.

I work downtown.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hey Bob, nice to hear you were able to get some good mid week turns in.  I am glad you are enjoying your new gear.  Welcome to TAY!   

Reply to this TR

march-26-2008-kendal-ridge
bobS
2008-03-27 11:48:27