Home > Trip Reports > March 23, 2008, Wankspitze Tirol

March 23, 2008, Wankspitze Tirol

3/23/08
Posted by silaswild on 3/23/08 4:12pm
After arrving in Innsbruck, relaxing in the sun on Saturday waiting for our return from Dolomitiland, Rob Freeman was ready for skiing a nice Easter Sunday tour!   Although I had planned a rest day, I did not want to miss a good tour, so mustered the energy to join Wolfi and Rob for the trip to Wankspitze.  On the way up we found powder and crust, depending on aspect, since yesterday had been cold but sunny.   The guys were patient with me, and slowed down for the final couple hundred meters to the summit which was nice and calm under gray skies.   I put on my skis to head down, and then realized Wolfi had plans for a totally different descent!  We hiked down through a gully to reach the top of 1000´of perfect north facing powder.   Ahh, local knowledge, it´s a beautiful thing.

Back at the carpark was a nice restaurant, more Kaiserschmarm and cappucino.  Rob´s first day was a winner.
Looking good there, Silas.  I also want to post in this thread just because I like the name: Wankspitze.  Still snowing here in Finland, but still no mountains either.

Reply to this TR

march-23-2008-wankspitze-tirol
silaswild
2008-03-23 23:12:05