Home > Forum > Paradise Glacier still skiable?

Paradise Glacier still skiable?

• GregLange
  • [GregLange]
More
19 Aug 2003 03:17 - 23 Aug 2003 06:04 #168420 by GregLange
Paradise Glacier still skiable? was created by GregLange
Ron/MadDog/Charles/MarkHarf, etal.<br><br>I'm planning my September trip for 9/6/03. Does the Paradise Gl. look as tho it's still going to hold turnable granules until then?<br><br>Need to know basis...Greg Lange

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2003 16:41 #168426 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: August DAY, 2003, Paradise Glacier
MadDog and I were scouting around over on the Tatoosh last Sunday and I was scoping things out over there.<br>It still looks like there's a fairly decent line against the vertical rock bands bordering the west side of the upper Paradise glacier from a ways below Anvil (say maybe 8,500??) to down past McClure, maybe as low as and directly east of the top of Pan (about 7,000). Might be 1 or 2 short carryovers on the way down... it was kinda hard to tell from that far away. Might be wise to climb up on that side to get a better idea of what kind of suprises are along the line. I've seen some pretty healthy glide cracks coming off the east side of those rocks before this late in the season. A rope and a few pieces of glacier rescue gear (and the knowldege of their use) might not be a bad idea if one were to climb up on that side. I might try that line on 9/7 if I don't get any better ideas.<br>

• GregLange
  • [GregLange]
More
22 Aug 2003 12:59 #168434 by GregLange
Replied by GregLange on topic Re: August DAY, 2003, Paradise Glacier
Ron: Thanks!!! I skiied Hood today; earned my turns, not lift served!<br><br><br>Greg