Home > Trip Reports > 3.12.08 Chair Peak Circumcision - featuring pics!

3.12.08 Chair Peak Circumcision - featuring pics!

3/15/08
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by northwest on 3/12/08 6:51am
Circumcised Chair Peak this morning - it was bit of a butchering early on, but once I found my groove, things sliced up nicely.  Beautiful conditions, as there was a few inches of new snow, clear weather and relatively cool temps early on.  This was my first foray into the Snoqualmie backcountry, and I must admit that I like your playground.

Something tells me I shouldn't be here...

Good snow at early light

Down to Snow Lake

Friendly

Going Home

Thank you Sir

what's with the question mark's, bro?

anybody care to help?

I'm not sure what "?s" you mean, but if you're having trouble seeing the pictures, I think you pasted the wrong address.  Try right-clicking on the picture you want and scroll down to "Properties", then put the address you find there into the img tags, as below:

right...don't have a "right click".  thanks though

Silly Rabbit, apples come from Tree, not Steve Jobs.
Are you a Mac user? And if so, are there Mac folks out there who can help?

For 1-button mouse users, right-click = cntrl-click. It looks like the url's for the pictures might be truncated?? To make sure to get the whole url, navigate to the picture, then click the little icon next to the url (the red and blue circles for flickr). This will select the entire address, even if there is not enough room to display the whole thing. Once selected, just copy/paste any way you like (e.g. command-c/command-v).

Micah

thanks.  it was a good day, just wanted to share.

Glad you got it figured out -- that's a great tour.

We went up to the chair a few times yesterday.  Great snow and turns.  Stability was OK but it was most def avalanche terrain so was a bit nervous.  Shovel test failed at considerable rating.  A lot of graupel (those little snow pellets) for the 1st 4 in which were really loose and made skinning tricky on steeper terrain.  Packed down good for 2nd trip up though.

Great day to be out

Hey, Haggis, that was me and a friend that took advantage of your uptrack to the chair.  Thanks.  We were concerned about something starting from sluffing off the warming rocks above, but new snow was well bonded.  Had some surface sluff run really slow on steaper gullied terrain, but easily managed.  Then two laps off upper Pineapple, finishing out to Source Lake.  Very nice up top.  Heavier down low.  Three laps of carving International on grippy snow on the way out.  What a(nother) great day!

Sorry I didn't stop - wanted to keep the momentum for the lower section.  Been meaning to meet up sometime, if only I'd known that was you!  We wanted to get to the top of that little slot to see down to Snow lake but half way thought better of it.  It was fairly stable though.

Super morning and just beautiful out with such good snow but it did warm up quickly after 9am.  We started at 7.

Reply to this TR

3-12-08-chair-peak-circumcision-featuring-pics
northwest
2008-03-12 13:51:44