Home > Trip Reports > March 8, 2008, Cannon via Asgaard and Prussik pass

March 8, 2008, Cannon via Asgaard and Prussik pass

3/8/08
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by ryanl on 3/9/08 12:40pm
On saturday Dave Coleman, Monika and I left Seattle early for a scenic day of touring in the enchantments. I posted a full TR here:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=780264

Here's the tour in a nutshell.

Asgaard Pass (photo by Monica):

looking back at Prussik Pass from the northeast ridge of Cannon,with skin track below:

Monika getting ready to ski back to the trailhead from atop Cannon's north ridge:

That's a burly tour. My brother did pretty much the same thing last year. Did you descend to Coney lake and then climb over the intervening ridge (perhaps to get to the Couloir at the end of the ridge?) Or did you descend direct from Cannon summit into the drainage that is only about 3/4 mi from the summer trailhead? If the latter I've looked at that before and wondered whether it was cliff-free.

We climbed over the intervening ridge, but didn't ski the couloir at its end. We then descended directly to the trailhead, more or less. We never really considered the shot directly from the summit since we/I wanted to ski one of the lines to Coney Lake.

How close were you able to park to the summer colchuck TH?  Close at all?  I have only frequented the area in the summer months....Stellar tour gang.

Excellent work and nice tour!  Monica, you go girl!

The additional road approach certainly made the day option vs overnight wise. Getting to the top of Asgaard by 11am might be the most impressive part!
To think: I used to be able to keep up with Monika.
Well done.

Reply to this TR

march-8-2008-cannon-via-asgaard-and-prussik-pass
ryanl
2008-03-09 19:40:03