telemark skiingbackcountry skiingPacific NorthwestWashington and Oregonweather linksThe Yuki AwardsMt. Rainier and Mt. Adams
Turns All Year
www.turns-all-year.com
  Help | Search | Login | Register
Turns All Year Trip Reports
Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
12/18/17, 06:43 AM

Become a TAY Sponsor!

Trip Reports Sponsor
Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
Turns All Year Trip Reports
(1) Viewing these pages constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Use.
(2) Disclaimer: the accuracy of information here is unknown, use at your own risk.
(3) Trip Report monthly boards: only actual trip report starts a new thread.
(4) Keep it civil and constructive - that is the norm here.

FOAC Snow
Info Exchange

NWAC Avalanche
Forecast
+  Turns All Year Trip Reports
|-+  2003 Backcountry Trip Reports
| |-+  July-August 2003 Backcountry Trip Reports
| | |-+  August 3, 2003, MRNP PG (bestir to bestiality)
:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All | Go Down Print
Author Topic: August 3, 2003, MRNP PG (bestir to bestiality)  (Read 44649 times)
JW

Re: August 3, 2003, MRNP PG (bestir to bestiality)
« Reply #50 on: 08/14/03, 02:09 PM »

Do I smell brew?  Cool ,  I'm in.

"You keep skiing, I'll keep filming"
Robie

« Reply #51 on: 08/14/03, 04:32 PM »

Ok I'll start lobbying here for Friday the 22nd.my calendar is open,  no wait a minute it now has" beers "penciled in.

"I bought my rope at Walmart ,my gloves at costco but paid dearly for my dynafits"
Apparant Moderator of what sucks
votodd
5Member

« Reply #52 on: 08/15/03, 01:21 AM »

just when I was getting pumped about meeting you all I checked my calender for next Friday.  I've got a wedding to go to.   It's at five at the Arboretum so if the 'K2 quiver' meeting is around nine that night I should be able to make it.  We'll see.
ron j
TAY Moderator

« Reply #53 on: 08/15/03, 01:54 AM »

Hey, Todd, if we convene at, say 7:00 (7:30 for Mark) it's unlikely we be outta there before 9:00.  The big question is where is "there"?
You Seattlites might think on that so Charles can post the "1st Annual TAY Quiver Meeting" notice.  Looks like we might be gathering a bit of a crowd.
Oh, and Todd, don't be shy about bringing your new wife... should be a good way to break her in, taking here to a high class meeting with you ski buddies.  
Unless, of course, you'd rather get here "broke in" right away by announcing to her that you're going out for a few beers with the guys on your wedding night  Grin  Cool or what?
Don't forget the matchstick in your mouth when you're saying your vows... looks real cool in the wedding pics.
« Last Edit: 08/15/03, 01:55 AM by ron_j » Logged

"When I stop having fun I'm turnin' around"
"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." - Niels Bohr
"If a given person makes it a priority not to die in an avalanche, he or she stands a very good chance of living a long, happy life in the mountains." - Jill Fredston
votodd
5Member

« Reply #54 on: 08/15/03, 02:01 AM »

Ron, Ron, Ron.   It's not my wedding, of course.  It's a good friend's, though, and the reception should be fun.  I'll try to bow out around midway.    

I'm going to scout out the new Elysian pub at the old Honeybear building this weekend and get back to you.  Monday we'll figure things out.  
ron j
TAY Moderator

« Reply #55 on: 08/15/03, 02:20 AM »

You're a trooper, Todd.
Way to "take one for the team", visiting all those brewpubs all weekend for us.  It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.  

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." - Niels Bohr
"If a given person makes it a priority not to die in an avalanche, he or she stands a very good chance of living a long, happy life in the mountains." - Jill Fredston
Mad_Dog

« Reply #56 on: 08/15/03, 02:35 AM »

Maybe we should do a pub crawl.  Grin You pay one price for the "crawl" from participating pubs, and then go from pub to pub, get a shirt, every pub you go to signs the shirt (it's kinda like getting your ticket punched) and then off you go, or crawl to the next pub.  Oh wait I think this is what you do in Fiji, sorry.  But then again we could start our own 1st annual TAY Quiver Crawl.  Boy we have a lot of firsts', 1st Annual Crystal Mtn closing fest, 2nd annual Sourdough chute fest, 1st annual slush cup, and now the 1st annual TAY Quiver Crawl.  Try saying that one fast  Cool

There is nothing worse than refusing to learn: this is where old age begins.

Jeanette
markharf

« Reply #57 on: 08/15/03, 02:35 PM »

Thanks, Ron, but the 22nd is the only Friday I won't be around.  I'm scheduled to be propping up a glassy-eyed friend at his wedding in New York.  So I suggest that meeting arrangements be made without allowance for my schedule...this time around, at least.  I'll try to work bestiality and bestir-itude into the best man's toast in some way.  

Mark
Paul_S
5Member

« Reply #58 on: 08/18/03, 10:54 AM »

Would I be wrong [under most circumstances I am, however this could be an exception] if I said it seems as though Friday at 7:00 looks like a good time for all those who can make it? And when Todd gives his report on the new Pub, then that decision can then be reached. This is alot of work I need a beer, immediatly if not sooner!  Cool Took a nice little jaunt into Summerland last friday and right under Goat ridge there were a small herd of Goats, eight adults and four kids, happily taking in the afternoon on the snow. Now talk about your bestir and bestiality......... Wink

Paul
votodd
5Member

« Reply #59 on: 08/18/03, 12:21 PM »

Unfortunately no report as of yet.  I say let's pick a place that is a known factor.  Paul mentioned the Maritime Brewery Pub in Ballard.  I could be into that.  Just got my brand spanking new Hammerheads for my (very cheap) brand new K2 Workstinx.  Put the two togethor and we will be making beautiful music togethor Grin (Just need some snow)  Angry  Maritime's pub is on Leary and it has good accomidations for a group and respectible food.  My vote is there.  Anybody else?
Charles

« Reply #60 on: 08/18/03, 12:44 PM »

Although I hope to be able to join in, I won't know until Friday if I actually can, so I won't put in a vote for destination. Depending on when the decision is reached, I may not be able to post a timely announcement in Random Tracks, so maybe Todd or Paul could do that? Just give it an appropriate title so everyone will have a chance to see it in time.
votodd
5Member

« Reply #61 on: 08/18/03, 01:04 PM »

No problem and hope to see you.
ron j
TAY Moderator

« Reply #62 on: 08/19/03, 01:47 AM »

The Maritime sounds ok to me.
Is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.maritimebrewery.citysearch.com/
If so, it looks like the taproom is called the Jolly Roger and is located at:
http://www.maritimebrewery.citysearch.com/2.html
So 7:00 PM Friday at the Maritime (Jolly Roger Taproom) works for me... I'm in.
Todd, you're bringing the new wife, right?

Edited to replace super wide map link...

« Last Edit: 08/19/03, 04:04 PM by ron_j » Logged

votodd
5Member

« Reply #63 on: 08/19/03, 01:49 AM »

that is the place, Ron. Smiley,
votodd
5Member

« Reply #64 on: 08/19/03, 02:12 PM »

Look to Random tracks.  There is an invite waiting for you all. Grin
Robie

« Reply #65 on: 08/20/03, 12:13 PM »

Ok, Its not Old Seattle but looks damn good. Now all I gotta do is show Laurie the menu. Fried pickles?
Hey does anybody remember Admiral Benbows in West Seattle. Talk about old kitcshe. Maritime's "Jolly Roger" room reminded me of it.

"I bought my rope at Walmart ,my gloves at costco but paid dearly for my dynafits"
Apparant Moderator of what sucks
ron j
TAY Moderator

« Reply #66 on: 08/21/03, 01:22 AM »

She'll love the fried pickles... and she'll get meet Todd's new wife!!  Grin

votodd
5Member

« Reply #67 on: 08/21/03, 05:24 PM »

Sure, I'll bring her along.  Just got to remember to blow her up first.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you to our sponsors!
click to visit our sponsor: Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends
click to visit our sponsor: Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
click to visit our sponsor: Second Ascent
Second Ascent
click to visit our sponsor: American Alpine Institute
American Alpine Institute
click to visit our sponsor: Pro Guiding Service
Pro Guiding Service
Contact turns-all-year.com

Turns All Year Trip Reports ©2001-2010 Turns All Year LLC. All Rights Reserved

The opinions expressed in posts are those of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Trip Reports administrators or Turns All Year LLC

Turns All Year Trip Reports | Powered by SMF 1.0.6.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.