Home > Trip Reports > Feb 23, 2008, Lichtenberg S. Face gully

Feb 23, 2008, Lichtenberg S. Face gully

2/23/08
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by prestonf on 2/23/08 10:51am

I finally got around to riding the face that stares at you from across the street at Yodelin.  Kinda hard to miss.  This is a pretty nice run of about 2400 ft or so.  Lots of debris in there, but it was soft and fun.  We went down a little before noon, might have been a little better a little earlier.  It felt very, very safe at that hour.  The corn was a little slow, or maybe that's just due to the cold wax left on my board. 

On the approach, skinning the upper steep part of the SW slope was a little tricky.  We booted, which was fine, but I'd occasionally bust through deep on the lower part.  Noticed that some of the big NE-facing cornices on the ridge were starting to pull away.

It's always fun to knock something on your 'list' off, not matter how trivial.  Now I can move on, until I decide I absolutely have to do it in powder!  ;D  Thanks to Alex, who came along.

Can't complain about the access!

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine.  I'm ready for some powder, though.
Nicely done! Sunshine looks sweet...

We brought the drab weather with us to Boise for the weekend...

i was up there right behind you guys.  i saw your tracks on the way out.  i spun a couple pow laps on the ne faces and then skied the SE shot from the top (the face you see in your third pic).    thanks for the bootpack.  that was way to slick to skin at the top.

Reply to this TR

feb-23-2008-lichtenberg-s-face-gully
prestonf
2008-02-23 18:51:44