Home > Trip Reports > Tunnel Crk Shelter, Buckhorn 2 17

Tunnel Crk Shelter, Buckhorn 2 17

2/15/08
Posted by RonL on 2/17/08 1:29pm
I tried to get farther up road 27 toward Mt Townsend today but was stopped just a little farther up the road than my last attempt. Not as much snow had melted out with the rain as I had hoped. So I went to check out the Tunnel Crk area. I got stopped at around 1600 ft on this rd which is about 2 miles from the tunnel crk th. I had enough time today to get to the Tunnel creek shelter around 3k but not much more. The ski out was more fun than I thought it would be. The trail has a gradual but consistent grade and I pretty much just had to do a speed check here and there and stop to climb over some fallen timber a couple times and I was back at the car

Thanks for the info Ron.... you said the shelter is at 3k, the map shows the Tunnel Ck shelter at around 3700ft.  Is this the same shelter you're talking about?

It is probably the same. I am not aware of others around there and I wasn't paying that close of attention. Are you thinking of access to Constance?

Yup... thanks for being the Olympic road conditions scout!

It has been my pleasure scouting around out there. My folks moved to Poulsbo which equals free babysitting for me. I hope to do many more trips in those woods. It will be fun to see a TR of Constance. I will probably make that trip one of these days myself.

Reply to this TR

tunnel-crk-shelter-buckhorn-2-17
RonL
2008-02-17 21:29:37