Home > Trip Reports > February 17, 2008, Amabilis Mountain

February 17, 2008, Amabilis Mountain

2/17/08
Posted by Malachai Constant on 2/17/08 9:35am
Left this morning hoping for a few turns in the trees. Rado told me pass was open but would be closed on and off. Hit a big jam at exit 34 which continued to 38 where 2 left lanes closed there was a number of cars overturned in the median with backpacks scattered around news crew set up frown.gif , called home to say I was OK. Uneventful ride to Cabin Creek Snopark. Upper lot full race today got place at lower lot which was filled with water ice.
I headed across the bridge which was bare to the start of the race where the Amabiis road leaves and quickly left races below. Good track but was a solid sheet of water ice. Sometimes could find some fluff on the sides. It got a little better at the junction but still icy in places. Lots of ice views of the ski ateas kechelless lake and the Snoq. Pass peaks. Abandoned my idea if turns when I saw where some one tried and set of a slide tracks came out of slide thank goodness. Skied to the top of a small knob near top for lunch. Finished loop with a knarlly slope where the chute is just before junction luckily had steel edges.

Reply to this TR

february-17-2008-amabilis-mountain
Malachai Constant
2008-02-17 17:35:19