Home > Trip Reports > Feb 16, 2008, Snoqualmie to Goldmyer Hot Springs

Feb 16, 2008, Snoqualmie to Goldmyer Hot Springs

2/16/08
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by kuharicm on 2/17/08 3:39am
I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I have been resort skiing...

Yesterday, 5 friends and I took advantage of the "forecasted" good weather (because it wasn't really that great) to do a tour that had been on my list for a while. It requires low snow levels and good stamina...

Up and over the Red Mountain-Lundin Pass from Snoqualmie and down to Goldmyer hot springs. Then back up and out.

The total trip is 6,000 plus vert but pretty beautiful! It took us all day and into the early evening. The waxing gibbous moon helped.

Thanks to all those that have been posting reports all winter to keep us updated on the conditions!

Look fun.  Any hint on snow conditions?

Pretty good snow (a few inches of dense powder on top of old snow) from 5400 to maybe 4000. Crusty or mushy below depending on the elevation. On the return, the south facing stuff was very crusty below 5000 feet.

Good stamina indeed! Looks like a great tour; what's the rough round-trip distance?  It's good to see all the tour reports lately as well as those of the turnaholics.

Ha ha, that's great! Mike and I talked about that one over the years but never got around to it. Then just last weekend I was talking to Matt about it as we tried his 4x4 out on the mid fork rd.

OK, Ron, you opened that can of worms - how far did you get?!?

And I think we would have made it this year (it's your ball game now, buddy!)

Well we were a long way from the hotsprings (also they gated the road at Dingford Crk since you left) . I think we were getting pretty close to the parking area for the middlefork traihead before we turned around due to clearance issues.

Reply to this TR

feb-16-2008-snoqualmie-to-goldmyer-hot-springs
kuharicm
2008-02-17 11:39:42