Home > Trip Reports > July 19-20, 2003, Table Mtn.

July 19-20, 2003, Table Mtn.

7/19/03
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by ema on 7/22/03 7:40am
My knee had a run-in with some gable end nailing, so we chose a shorter trip than planned....It turned out well.....Karl, Kota and I set out Saturday afternoon for a night on the mountain. We skied before sunset in the glacial remnant bowl at the bend in Table Mtn....Nice skiing on soft, small suncups down to the beautiful blue meltpool at the bottom of the bowl. I took many photos of the varying blues and reflections in/off the water, while Ruth Mtn. had a few Lenticular clouds stacked above it. No one around at this time of night in this, otherwise, busy area. Booted back up and made camp. I enjoy just throwing down a sleeping pad this time of year for camp! Enjoyed the 360 panorama, as we ate while the sun set. Peaks like Rainier, Glacier, Bacon, Baker, Shuksan, Ruth, and Hadley, just to name a few, were bathed in nice light, while sips of Whisky tucked us in.....Sleep, deep sleep....With glimpses of peaks, moon and stars in between.....Slept in and woke up to some clouds. Packed up and left in time to beat a light shower making it's way over Skyline Divide. Had another run on firmer sun cups, then out to the truck. Made it to Grahams in Glacier for breakfast, where we sat back and drank coffee under Church Mtn.

Reply to this TR

july-19-20-2003-table-mtn
ema
2003-07-22 14:40:54