Home > Forum > Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?

Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?

• Alan Brunelle
  • [BigSnow]
More
19 Jul 2003 06:19 #168387 by Alan Brunelle
Anything good near Colman Pinnacle? was created by Alan Brunelle
I have been away for a couple of weeks and couldn't get out.<br><br>I am curious if anyone knows conditions for the Colman Pinnacle area and the ridge heading out there. I haven't seen a report on that area yet and thought that it might just be that the road access up to late June might have hindered trips, but now I am wondering. I have a week free to do some skiing if it is worth the effort.<br><br>Alternatively, is Ruth a good late season trip?<br><br>Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2003 04:00 #168389 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?
I was up on Ruth over the July 4th weekend, snow was good, could still ski to Hannegan Camp below Hannagen Pass, but I bet that has melted out by now. Kind of a long approach for late season turns, I would bet the glacier still has good snow but you may not be able to get any runs more than 1000vf at a time.<br>Anyone been up around Hadley Peak north of Baker this summer? I was up there in September last year, it could still have good snow now and the approach is rather short with relatively moderate elevation gain as long as the forest service has opened the gate on the road so you can drive to the road end.<br><br>

More
22 Jul 2003 14:54 #168391 by Pinch
Replied by Pinch on topic Re: Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?
Yes! Slopes around the Pinnacle looked nice this past weekend from Table. Hadley peak looked good as well, with non-glacial snow sarting at the point where Cougar Divide starts to ramp up to Chowder Ridge. The road is open.... The Coleman Pinnacle snow continued down into Wells Cr. drainage where it levels out. The glacier remnant bowl on Table is nice too. (and very close) We skied late in the day and again in the morning on Table, with the evening ski being the best/softest/smoothest....

• Alan Brunelle
  • [BigSnow]
More
22 Jul 2003 15:06 #168392 by Alan Brunelle
Replied by Alan Brunelle on topic Re: Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?
Thanks Bud and Toby. Very encouraging!<br>

• Amar Andalkar
  • [andalkar]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Jul 2003 18:05 #168394 by Amar Andalkar
Replied by Amar Andalkar on topic Re: Anything good near Colman Pinnacle?
We skied from near Coleman Pinnacle on Sunday, see this trip report .<br>