Home > Trip Reports > Feb 2-3, 2008, Powder Cash

Feb 2-3, 2008, Powder Cash

2/2/08
Posted by samoon on 2/3/08 9:21am
On Thursday, Big Mike, Josh, and I made our way across Stevens Pass and headed up to Winthrop. This ended up being an 8hr drive with the temporary closure of the passes.  Believe me when I say that it was worth the drive.

Yesterday we skied the "First Bowl" which proved to have some of the best snow I've skied this season,  the "hero" snow was very forgiving with stability worthy of dropping most any line.  However the skin track which we set from the Cutthroat turnoff was somewhat taxing as we only were able to afford one run. 

Today we maximized our efforts with a sweet trip up to "powder cash" which we had noticed already had a skin track from the day before.  Powder cash lived up to it's name and we were well rewarded, and made a couple of trips up to the top.  Views of Silverstar and neighboring peaks were very nice.

I imagine that there were many more fresh turns to be had up near Washington Pass and beyond.........where were all the locals........perhaps watching the Superbowl or maybe they've had their fill for the season.  I'll take all I can get.

SAMOON

Reply to this TR

feb-2-3-2008-powder-cash
samoon
2008-02-03 17:21:17