Home > Trip Reports > Jan 24. 2008, - Cayoosh N Creek area

Jan 24. 2008, - Cayoosh N Creek area

1/24/07
Posted by LeeLau on 1/27/08 3:46pm
http://www.leelau.net/2008/cayoosh2008_01/day1/ - Cayoosh N Creek area - click for more photos and description

With a big high pressure system sitting over SW British Columbia for the past week it was time for a multi-day mission to the Duffy Lake area. My old friend Kevin was back from teaching in China and wanted to get in some touring and cleanse his lungs of Chinese toxic air. We figured that the Cayoosh area would be the ticket.

Our first day was just a half-day due more to sheer laziness then anything. With a sled-assisted tow into our base of operations we quickly set up, dropped our overnight gear then took off to the N branch of Cayoosh Creek into the Valley of numerous Slide Paths. My plan had been to ascend the ridge via SW facing slopes and then ski those same slopes. However, a pretty severe inversion presented us with the beginnings of sun-crust on valley floor. Pinwheels on the sun-affected slopes showed that the solar and heat had affected those slopes even more. We gave up on that plan and decided to tour to the head of the valley to see what we could find.

Nice tour guys!! Looks like the crux of the trip was Jamesons sled access. Shortly after viewing that photo... I entered him in the sno-cross freestyle at the X-games (I hope he's ready for the inverts) :) Keep up the good work!

author=shred link=topic=8961.msg36082#msg36082 date=1201582851]
Nice tour guys!! Looks like the crux of the trip was Jamesons sled access. Shortly after viewing that photo... I entered him in the sno-cross freestyle at the X-games (I hope he's ready for the inverts) :) Keep up the good work!

You got me a spot in winter X? Awesome!

Hahaha, getting over that snowbank wasn't a huge deal, I was just a little surprised by the giant hole on the other side.  I thought the sled was never going to land!  Guess I need to scope out my jumps better...

Reply to this TR

jan-24-2008-cayoosh-n-creek-area
LeeLau
2008-01-27 23:46:13