Home > Trip Reports > January 13, 2007, Paradise to Narada

January 13, 2007, Paradise to Narada

1/13/07
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JMor on 1/14/08 1:09am
Ron J, myself, JW, Jen, Holly, Snow Bell and Legdragger met up for a little fun in the sun at Paradise.  With the massive amounts of new snow in the past week and the avalanche danger being high we decided to ski from Paradise to Narada.  We arrived at Paradise with 25 degrees, sunny skies and beautiful views of Mt. Rainier and surrounding areas, and LOTS of snow.  We dug a pit on an east facing slope, with the warming sun, tree bombs were falling and snow was melting off the trees.  Our tests gave us enough information to not ski the warming east facing slope.  We headed to the gladed south facing treed area and were still dodging tree bombs.  Switching to north facing colder temps proved to be the best ski conditions.  The younger group made several laps while the "geezers" plodded along 8).  Ending our day with a fantastic run down a very stable Narada face.  Snow seems to have settled approx 1 foot over this past week.

photoS
Here's Photos of the 3 females of the day's posse, havin' their way with the great snow and great weather:

Holly

Jen

and Jeanette

More pics under the thumbnail:

And a few more to add to the photo album.
Highly recommend the following action shot of JW "Oof . . .", but don't forget to view a short clip of Legdragger, "Yeah, Baby!".
Great day of tour and laps.  Thanks a lot, Ron and Mad Dog!!

Thanks for the pictures you guys, it's nice to have reminders of the wonderful conditions.  The snow, sun and company sure came together.  ;)  I am glad to have learned some new terrain and to have met Holly, Jen, JW, and Ed.  I appreciate the opportunity to plod along with the geezers and pick up a thing or two along the way.  I hope to do it again soon.  Thanks again to JW for the lift up to Paradise for the last run.   We made it down to Narada just before dark and enjoyed some of the nicest turns of the day.

All I can say is wow! Joe- I dropped those classes and am skiing all winter, no more homework on beautiful weekends for me! Decided I needed to get my priorities in order- Let's ski!

See you all out there soon.

Chris

Thanks for letting me tag along.  What a great day w/great company!  How lucky we are to enjoy the mountains w/friends.  NIce pic of Holly rippin' N-face, BTW.  Hope to see you all again soon.  -Ed

Thanks for bringing in that stellar day gang  8)
Ed & Joe - If you have any interest in getting a copy of our gps track for the day on a topo shoot me an email -- I didn't have your addys.

Reply to this TR

january-13-2007-paradise-to-narada
JMor
2008-01-14 09:09:46