Home > Forum > 12/28-12/31 Brighton and Powder Mountain, UT

12/28-12/31 Brighton and Powder Mountain, UT

• alpymarr
  • [alpymarr]
More
01 Jan 2008 11:51 #213494 by alpymarr
To be in Utah for a powder storm is perhaps the sickest thing ever. Flew in on the 27th in the afternoon to snowy and sunny skies. Next day hit Brighton BC all day off Great Western lift and treated my self to BLOWER shots of 1500 vert untracked each run. Even better when its free thanks to my Alpy pass. Nexy day headed to Powder Mountain which had received at least 18 inches in the precedding days. Rediculous amounts of untracked Wasatch powder in bounds all day. The only place I know of where you get 1000's of feet of vert in fresh, wide open powder shots with no one else skiing it....right under the lift.....sick. Logged about 30K at PowMow in one day without crossing more than a handful of tracks. It was storm time on Sunday so I slept in and self medicated with some 3.2 beers. Went back the next day for 12 new falling at 5-10 degress. Lapped aspen glades, meadows and small bowls in the morning before heading out to Powedr Country, a side country area with shuttle pick up, kinda like the old Northback system. Beautiful steeps and deeps. Went cat skiing after that with more beautiful, solitary runs. Sorry Mom, don't know if I'm coming home.....waiting for the next cycle on Thursday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
01 Jan 2008 12:14 #213496 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: 12/28-12/31 Brighton and Powder Mountain, UT
Did you check out the new chair at Brighton? I've got my SLC plane tickets for March 29

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Jan 2008 15:49 #213500 by oftpiste
We'll be using our xtal passes at Brighton in February for mid-winter school break. Can't wait. Any advice for finding the goods there?

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
01 Jan 2008 16:19 #213501 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: 12/28-12/31 Brighton and Powder Mountain, UT

We'll be using our xtal passes at Brighton in February for mid-winter school break. Can't wait. Any advice for finding the goods there?

Hard Coin off the Snake Creek Express
The trees on the left of Thor
The Millicent Chair (now a new version) and traverse under Mt Milli. There's a back country gate at the end of the traverse
The back country gate left off of the Great Western Express