Home > Trip Reports > Dec 29, 2007, - Yodelin

Dec 29, 2007, - Yodelin

12/29/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by motsies on 12/30/07 2:03pm
we were among at least 3 other groups out in the yodelin area on saturday, dec. 29...started from the car around 10 am and some very strong and kind folks were already well ahead of us breaking trail through the deep snow....and it was deep and dare any of us mutter the words, "too deep"??  slow going at first managing all the snow, but we eventually got the hang of it....most others we crossed paths with were on split boarders, so maybe they were able to float more than us mere tele-skiers....haha....am i complaining about the snow??  hardly...it was soft and basically bottomless...great day out there enjoying the sun breaks, blue sky and almost eerily absence of any wind....back to the car by 3 pm and just beat the mad rush back to seattle

"haha....am i complaining about the snow??  hardly...it was soft and basically bottomless..."

...so bottomless that I lost my camera in the deep turns. Oh well. I consider it a sacrifice to the snow gods. But, in the very unlikely chance that anyone finds a camera at Yodelin, let me know. It might be mine. Other than that it was indeed a beautiful day at Yodelin yesterday.

I hope the skin track wasn't too wide from us splitters breaking trail.  :)

It was a great day out there - unexpected sunshine and calm winds.  It was wonderful to see splitboarders representing!  I think we outnumbered the skiers.  ;D Dan - it was great meeting up with you, Chris and Jeremy(?).  A bummer about your camera - hopefully it will reappear.

'Twas a great number of spliters in thar hills satyurday, good to meet you folks.  Unfortunatly I felt like a skier on the way out to the car, as the usual out path from the western most knob was thought to yes...Have too much snow.  However as referenced below it was amazing out there.  Here is one of Jer's photos, dans pics are all mental ::)

Jeremy reporting in... Good to meet you guys, tele and splitters, out there. Yes, splitters for once may have been in majority ;-) Here's my report on snow pit conditions along with photos and stoke:
http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=29472a

OK I can't resist just a couple shots of Tophervw stoke:

Sunday was a different story - no blue skies except for a fleeting moment that may have been a mass hallucination brought on by skin track oxygen debt. The quantity of snow coming down was beyond belief. All of your tracks were gone!  ;D

Shoot, Dan, I loved that camera! Only cam I ever met that made it look like I could ski! ;D  Yodelin is such a great place.  Glad you found it.
Don

right on.

its nice when the skin track is broken by a splitter, and you dont have to "re-break" deep ski skin tracks.  ;D

Thanks for the condolences Don. I'm gonna miss that camera too since I will only be able to take mental pictures for a while...

Reply to this TR

dec-29-2007-yodelin
motsies
2007-12-30 22:03:19