Home > Forum > Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window

Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window

• Bandit
  • [Bandit]
More
20 Dec 2007 08:22 #179880 by Bandit
Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window was created by Bandit
I got a good laugh as I exited The Rex Chairlift. The sign said "Walk Up Window Open".

LOL!! I thought it could be a little risky ordering my frizzae salad in 50 + mph winds.

They could start a new sport at Crystal Mt. Call it "Extreme Restaurant Eating". Trying to order salads and fondueeee in 50 mph winds. Try not to get burned by the hot cheese or let your spinach and escarole salad sail off into the breeze.

Heaven knows, a weary chipmunk might get ahold of that salad and get an upset stomach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2007 16:14 #179899 by wolfs
Replied by wolfs on topic Re: Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window
Which way does the walkup window open? With followup questions: how often do you think it will be rimed solidly shut, and if it isn't, what denomination will you have to plaster against the window to convince them to open it? ;)

• Bandit
  • [Bandit]
More
20 Dec 2007 17:01 #179901 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Re: Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window
If you flash your new "Purple" American Express card at them, that will definately work.

I can't imagine going in The Summit Rest. , san chandeliers, and white linens, with powder stuck in my goggles , and sit down to a lunch of pan seared oysters and a fine glass of Pinot Grigio. ???

Maybe in the summer, when the days are long, the views are more than likely to expose Rainier, and the long days of summer want you to kick back and enjoy that wine.

But when it's time to ski, just give me that chili and cold beer and back in the pow. ..........

That is all........

More
20 Dec 2007 17:31 #179902 by marcr
Replied by marcr on topic Re: Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window

But when it's time to ski, just give me that chili and cold beer and back in the pow. ..........

That is all........

here, you can have both in a bottle and don't need to stop skiing to get it.

• Bandit
  • [Bandit]
More
21 Dec 2007 20:08 #179933 by Bandit
I had to make a stop at The Summit House. The sign out front states that the "Bistro" is open. Brand new front door. Ala matre de to seat you. I didn't stay. I didn't want to miss the powder while my waiter explained the special menu. Although , you can order from the "window" and sit outside. Almost makes you feel like a second class citizen. There weren't too many people inside.

Hey, I guess if you can make it fly, more power to John and the boys. I don't think it's going to last. If Crystal were more of a destination resort like Whistler or Vail, then maybe.

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
21 Dec 2007 21:32 #179938 by oftpiste
Replied by oftpiste on topic Re: Summit House Rest/Walk Up Window
It's a dumb idea and I hope they figure it out sooner rather than later. Said it all before.

I wonder.....if enough people walk in there and say something like, "Can I please have a sausage and a beer and a cookie real quick so I can get back out and ski?" are denied and lodge a polite complaint at the front door, would they listen? Probably worth a try. I'll start tomorrow.

• Bandit
  • [Bandit]
More
22 Dec 2007 07:45 #179942 by Bandit
I would be interested in hearing from someone who has tried it out. How expensive, how long it takes to get served? Etc.

I think a better fit would have been to put a top end, white linen restaurant in The Campbell Basin Lodge. With 12,500 sq ft., it makes more sense to make part of that up scale . Split it in half, so you still have reasonable food prices at the walk up ordering, but have a sit down area for the people who don't mind spending an arm and a leg for something to eat.

. Leave the Summit House more of a relaxed kick back place to sit by the fire and have a beer.