Home > Trip Reports > Heather Ridge, Stevens Pass - 12/9/2007

Heather Ridge, Stevens Pass - 12/9/2007

12/15/07
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by cjm720 on 12/10/07 12:40am
Andy and I made are way up to Heather Ridge across from Stevens Pass ski area yesterday. Hit the trail head at 11 - skinned up to the summit, past the cell tower.  The cat on the way up was hard pack and icy, making for nice skinning. The descent (not sure on the name of the area, but towards highway 2 and a lake) offered 2-4" of light snow on top of concrete. Saw lots of avy debris and slab fractures. Seemed very consolidated. I booted and Andy skinned back up to the cell tower and road down the cat. 4 hour round trip. Good day, good company. No pics, sorry.
Pictures would have been just too painful to look at anyway.  That snow sounds like an injury waiting to happen.

i toured a little around the base of chair peak today on snoqualmie, nice base, a few inches of fresh, and dumping, but still to thin to really get nice turns in (i dont really know where to look) and most of the small sustained snowslopes where all debried out; really cool area though.

Word up...there could be some snow up there soon. Did you stay around the thumb tack or did you get a look at the north side?

i didn't go as far as the north side, cant wait to come back when theres more snow..

just looked at noaa, there's an avalanche watch east of the crest, and nwac is calling for considerable tommorow above ~4k

Reply to this TR

heather-ridge-stevens-pass-12-9-2007
cjm720
2007-12-10 08:40:16