Home > Trip Reports > Don't let the gate hit you on the way out!!

Don't let the gate hit you on the way out!!

12/15/07
Posted by cochise on 12/1/07 12:06pm
Hmmm where to go skiing check the telemetry , ponder ,ponder ,and ponder the possibilities.  Washington Pass one more time!!! I met Jerry at the park and ride at 430am. The roads were icy from Darrington  to Cutthroat Pass our final destination for the day.
When we arrived there was a crew of seven getting ready to head up. They decided to head up to the first glade west of Cutthroat Peak and we headed east to the base of Cutthroat. The s-sw aspects had a weak 2 inch crust under about 8 inches of new. As we moved closer to a south aspect the snow was deeper and  well consolidated . Absolutely, beautiful!  Not a track in sight. We made three runs, and headed to the top for another. Jerry decided to check out the East side of the peak, and I am glad he did€¦the mother load!! We dug a pit and we had good results .  Fresh powder  to mid thigh all the way to the bottom.  Three more great runs and that was it for daylight.
What a blast Washington Pass has been this fall. We passed the gate around six or so and they closed it behind us. I wish they could keep this place open longer. We skied like there was no tomorrow and it turned out to be true. Would the last one to leave the North Cascades Highway please turn out the lights. 11/30/2007
http://climbingjay.smugmug.com/gallery/3924881    just a few shots

Reply to this TR

don-t-let-the-gate-hit-you-on-the-way-out
cochise
2007-12-01 20:06:44