Home > Trip Reports > Silver Basin 11/27

Silver Basin 11/27

11/15/07
Posted by FreeBird on 11/28/07 10:30am
Skinned up to Silver Basin yesterday.  Skied the basin twice, the King once, and then Joe's Shoulder.  All were excellent.  Coverage is still a little thin is spots and the light snow does a good job of hiding the rocks.  Set off a few medium size sluffs that covered the skin trail with one to two feet of snow (east to northeast facing).  My friends also set of a sluff that slid 800 - 1000 feet (southeast facing).  All in all a great day of powder skiing. 8)  The camera died so I only have one picture... :( 
One good picture is worth a thousand words, though.  So - that was four trips to the top, on top of the ski up to the basin.  Pretty studly!

Any word on when Crystal will open?  Are they already grooming around the lifts?  I'm thinking of heading that way Friday.
Don

Nice job Carl,
How was da shoulder?
Little rocky?
Joe

I talked with a Crystal patroller aquaintance of mine today -- he is expecting an opening this weekend -- probably just the Chinook and Queen chairs -- still need more snow and settlement to fill in around all the boulders at the top of Green Valley before they can open the top.

Crystal opens tomorrow... Well at least the queens chair will be open. 
The shoulder was the best snow of the day like always... I couldn't find a rock but Tara did... ::)
Skied it today and yesterday and it was blower... ;D

Reply to this TR

silver-basin-11-27
FreeBird
2007-11-28 18:30:56